Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi everybody,

as the subject suggests, I have very very little experience with Flash, so this is hopefully easy for you to answer:

I have a working Flash movie with 4,6 seconds duration. At the end of the movie, there is a "Enter" button. If you press it, you are brought to another page.

A friend now made me a spinning 3D Logo, made with Swish 3D. I guess it's around 20 frames or so.

Now I'd like to incorporate this spinning logo into the ready movie. It should be positioned in the upper right corner and keep on spinnining forever, or at least until the user hits the "Enter" button (starting from the first frame of the movie). The rest of the movie is already over when the Enter-button appears.

I am able to import the logo (.fla / .swf) and it performs a single turn, then disappears while the rest of the movie is still running.

How can I get the logo to spin constantly (indepently from the rest of the movie) ??

Oh yes, it's Flash 5!

Wolfgang
    IP

Hi everybody,

as the subject suggests, I have very very little experience with Flash, so this is hopefully easy for you to answer:

I have a working Flash movie with 4,6 seconds duration. At the end of the movie, there is a "Enter" button. If you press it, you are brought to another page.

A friend now made me a spinning 3D Logo, made with Swish 3D. I guess it's around 20 frames or so.

Now I'd like to incorporate this spinning logo into the ready movie. It should be positioned in the upper right corner and keep on spinnining forever, or at least until the user hits the "Enter" button (starting from the first frame of the movie). The rest of the movie is already over when the Enter-button appears.

I am able to import the logo (.fla / .swf) and it performs a single turn, then disappears while the rest of the movie is still running.

How can I get the logo to spin constantly (indepently from the rest of the movie) ??

Oh yes, it's Flash 5!

Wolfgang
    IP

you can actually load the logo as a separate swf into a movie clip, and then just tell that movie clip to keep playing. just keep checking for if clipname._currentframe = clipname._totalframes (i can't remember the exact syntax, so forgive me if i'm off - i'm working from memory since i'm on vacation in india right now). if they're equal, tell the clip to goto and play frame 1. (with clipname {gotoandplay(1)} - again, excuse my erroneous syntax, but i think you get the point).

if you don't want to load it as a separate file, you can import it into the movie, and just make it a movieclip symbol - set the symbol properties to loop continuously, and it should continue to loop as long as it's on stage. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    <font face="arial" size="2">
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    Senior Web Designer
    http://www.blab.com
    </font>
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    CTO
    9 Story Entertainment
    http://www.9story.com
    IP

Deep,

I told you I was a newbie ...

Before I posted here, I tried to do more or less what you said. (I think ..)

I can import the animation (movie) into my mother-movie. The logo will spin for one full circle, then stop.

When I put a "gotoAndPlay (1);" into the last frame, the whole movie - NOT only the spinning logo - starts again.

Somehow I just don't get it ...

Another problem: When I import the animation (movie), it is placed somewhere on the stage.

When I move it to the desired position, only ONE FRAME ist moved. The other 19 or so frames stay where they are. And when I play the movie, the one frame I moved will 'jump'.
    I want to move (position) the WHOLE animation on the stage. How do I do that ??

Excuse my unawareness of these things. I normally do no Flash, one customer insists on this short intro, and I wanted to give it a try.

Any 'inserting animations for dummies" info from somebody ??

Wolfgang
    IP

how are you importing the movie? you should do it using actionscript - load it into an empty movie clip that's on stage, wherever you want the logo to appear. Once it's loaded, just use the 'tell target' (flash 3 or 4) or 'with' (flash 5) action to tell the movie clip to do what you want it to do. hopefully this clears it up a bit more for you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    <font face="arial" size="2">
    Senior Web Designer
    http://www.blab.com
    </font>
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    CTO