Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Mapping nodes

Help! What can I do to get the final shapes I'm after. I draw my shapes to the contour I would like to get but can't get it to flow in the right direction. There was an example in the Coreldraw Wow book of using it to make hair along the nape of neck and even when I try using the shapes in the example I can't get it to work. Thanks for any help on this it's driving me nuts.

Cheryl
    IP

Help! What can I do to get the final shapes I'm after. I draw my shapes to the contour I would like to get but can't get it to flow in the right direction. There was an example in the Coreldraw Wow book of using it to make hair along the nape of neck and even when I try using the shapes in the example I can't get it to work. Thanks for any help on this it's driving me nuts.

Cheryl
    IP

Cheryl

I am trying to workout what you mean without having a copy of CorelDRAW WOW.

To reverse a curve's direction:

With the shape tool selected there is a button on the context sensitive toolbar that does this, it looks like a backwards 'S'

If I am on the wrong track entirely is it possible to elaborate on the problem a bit.

Peter

The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

Thanks Peter. I have attached small screenshot of what I'm trying to do. The book says "a blend, mapped to a curve,formed the hair at the neck". I cost post a small section of the picture that has the look I'm trying to achieve if it's okay to do that. It would look like a small series of lines blending into the flesh color.

Cheryl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	node.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	19613  
    IP

Cheryl

Blending and one to one node mapping, no I understand.

Ok, are the two starting shapes the same?

For instance, you should be able to create a shape, duplicate it, adjust its size, and blend between the two.

What does not work very often is create a shape, contour inside 1 step, separate, upgroup and blend. The reason for this is the outer shape and inner shape have vastly different node counts. The same is often true if you hand draw 2 different enclosed shapes and try to blend the 2.

Once you have two shapes with same number of nodes it should be possible. I would create my starting shapes for the blend as follows.

Draw a freehand closed curve shape. Duplicate it and using the shape tool, move the nodes and bezier handles only, to make it smaller and adjust its shape, do not add or remove any nodes, or if you do, immediatley add a node in a similar place on the larger shape.

Blend the two objects, this usually works first time, if it does not then you can select the option Map nodes, click on the node in the inner shape and the click on the closest approximation to the node on the outer shape.

Try practising with the map node tool on a really simple blend, create a rectangle, convert to curves, duplicate, scale it smaller and blend the two rectangles.

Using the map node funtion from the context sensitive toolbar, start picking different pairs of nodes to see how the blend is altered.

Try also rotating one of the squares 90 degrees before blending. Once blended use the map node function to repair the blend so that you get a regular retangular blend.

HTH

Peter

IP

Hi Peter,
    With your explanation and good way to practice I feel like I will be able to get the hair I'm after.

Thank you again.
    Cheryl
    IP

Having the node mapping confusing

a new whish list

To have an option where to show or hide the mapped numbers

It will be easier if i can see each node and what is it number, Just like when you want to do morphing, almost not exactly tha same

but it will be easier to predict, which node is going to blend with what node of the other object

i hope my english is understood

thanks
    IP