Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Using WebStyle 4 Web Page Templates I notice that the *styles* are included within the html file.

Will the html page load faster (in the browser) if the *styles* are removed from the html file and placed in an external style sheet ( *.css)??

Thanks for your time

Using WebStyle 4 Web Page Templates I notice that the *styles* are included within the html file.

Will the html page load faster (in the browser) if the *styles* are removed from the html file and placed in an external style sheet ( *.css)??

Thanks for your time

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JamesKB:

Thanks for your time<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi its difficult to say.

The size of your web page would be reduced by removing the embedded style sheet and linking to an external style sheet. However an additional call to your server would need to be made to retrieve the external style sheet.

An embedded style sheet should be used when a single document has a unique style. If the same style sheet is used in multiple documents, then an external style sheet would be more appropriate preventing the need for the same style sheet to be loaded multiple times thus reducing the load time of the pages in your site.

Thanks for the quick reply. Very clear response. External style sheets it shall be. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Have a good day.....