Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

After several years of working traditonal bitmap programs I just got painter 7 and a wacom tablet.

I think I'm really going to love this program. I've worked through a couple tutorials.Are there other good painter resources there are out there? I've already got everything on the procreate web site?

Also I didn't get a printed manual in my shipment does painter 7 come with one?

CCUnet
    IP

After several years of working traditonal bitmap programs I just got painter 7 and a wacom tablet.

I think I'm really going to love this program. I've worked through a couple tutorials.Are there other good painter resources there are out there? I've already got everything on the procreate web site?

Also I didn't get a printed manual in my shipment does painter 7 come with one?

CCUnet
    IP

Hi,

A warm welcome to the Painter Community! You will love Painter, and most likely become addicted to it like a lot of us do.

At PixelAlley, there are a lot of Painter 7 tutorials, John Derry's Visual Guides for Water Colors, Liquid Ink, and Keystroke Shortcuts available to download in PDF format, a Quick Reference Guide for Water Colors by Karen Sperling, also downloadable in PDF format, custom brushes contributed by artists in the Painter Community, and other useful Painter 7 information.

You'll also find good resources in the Painter Can forum at In Depth Discussions where artists share their custom Painter brushes, some of which are really nice collections, share their art, tips and techniques, and participate in painting challenges.

There's currently the "1st Perennial Make Believe Costume Ball Mask Challenge" and another "New Kaleidoscope Challenge" active in the Painter Can. Anyone's welcome to join us and have a great time.

The URLs to PixelAlley and the Painter Can are below my signature.

Jinny Brown

PixelAlley's Section Links
    Painter Forum at In Depth Discussions
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Hi again,

I forgot to answer your question!

Yes, the Painter 7 User Guide is accessible in online format from inside Painter 7 via Help > Help Topics. It takes a while to load, so don't give up. Once it's loaded, on the left panel you'll see that you can search for things.

Jinny Brown

PixelAlley's Section Links
    Painter Forum at In Depth Discussions
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Thanks for the tips Jinny.

CCUnet
    IP

I'd recomend you this url:
    http://seegmillerart.com/contents.htm
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ccunet:

I think I'm really going to love this program. I've worked through a couple tutorials.Are there other good painter resources there are out there? I've already got everything on the procreate web site?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I'm a big fan of The Painter WOW! Book published by Peachpit Press, if you can swing the price. It has has tips on how to use and work with Painter, and it also has numerous examples on how to work in a particular style, which gives you starting points for all sorts of experimentation.

Doug Frost
    IP