Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi guys! I have another question, ? urgent. I've had this notebook for about 4 weeks, and not happy with it. The store has agreed to exchange it for a tower and flat LCD screen on Friday. As I had so much trouble trying to load PI, and even more trying to get my EasyPal with my many tons of objects installed, I'm trying to find out if there is a way that I can keep the total PI together when they configure the new and hopefully transfer things.

Is there? Please rsvp as I may need all day to work on the exercise, if there is one.

Otherwise, what is the difference between download/upload and install?

Shirley Q
    IP

Regarding the new computer, just make sure that YOU have a full backup of the old one. I wouldn't rely on the technician. Once you get the new one, check all your applications to make sure they work firstly, then add all your personal stuff from your backups.

download: Retrieve a copy of a digital file from a remote computer (generally a server) on a network to a client computer (i.e. yours).

upload: Pass a copy of a digital file from a client computer to another networked client or server.

install: Setup up an application to work on a computer. Generally speaking an automated process (Windows) that: extracts (from the "deliverable") and places individual files into appropriate directories, create shortcuts to access the app in the start menu and/or desktop, makes registry entries needed so the app will work.

Again, sketchy, but the gist.
    Lonnie
    IP