Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I've been waiting for the patch to come out to fix some of those nagging problems. Now that it has I immediately bought the program. But it seems that the patch won't work on the trial version... sigh... oh well, I guess I'll have to await the cd.

Curiously, although the installer recognized my name, etc the installed program refers to me as an unbranded user. I suppose that's not too bad though because being branded sounds like it might be painful...

But the program seems to be working, except for the bugs. Still, I really hate these copy protection systems. They don't stop the thieves and the whole overly complex multiple password rigamorole just irritates me. I've purchased a number of programs via download and all of them were *fully* functional meaning I could also apply any applicable patches right away.

This isn't meant as a flame aimed at Xara. I just think they should accept that theft is the regretable price of doing business in both the on-line and brick and mortar worlds. The scheme they implemented doesn't do its job anyhow. There are already cracks for Xara X and I'm sure that if I searched I could probably find a warez copy of ver 1c. I just prefer to pay for what I use. I don't mind paying the money- I dislike like paying the inconvenience.

Sorry for the rant. I guess I'm just irritable tonight. Now I'm going to cheer myself up by playing with Xara X!

I've been waiting for the patch to come out to fix some of those nagging problems. Now that it has I immediately bought the program. But it seems that the patch won't work on the trial version... sigh... oh well, I guess I'll have to await the cd.

Curiously, although the installer recognized my name, etc the installed program refers to me as an unbranded user. I suppose that's not too bad though because being branded sounds like it might be painful...

But the program seems to be working, except for the bugs. Still, I really hate these copy protection systems. They don't stop the thieves and the whole overly complex multiple password rigamorole just irritates me. I've purchased a number of programs via download and all of them were *fully* functional meaning I could also apply any applicable patches right away.

This isn't meant as a flame aimed at Xara. I just think they should accept that theft is the regretable price of doing business in both the on-line and brick and mortar worlds. The scheme they implemented doesn't do its job anyhow. There are already cracks for Xara X and I'm sure that if I searched I could probably find a warez copy of ver 1c. I just prefer to pay for what I use. I don't mind paying the money- I dislike like paying the inconvenience.

Sorry for the rant. I guess I'm just irritable tonight. Now I'm going to cheer myself up by playing with Xara X!

I believe that the patch can only be installed over the CD version. And not only that, all previous versions and permutations of Xara X should have been removed before installing the CD version.

It says this on the Xara download site and I believe in the instructions on the CD.

That sactimoniously said, I never read instructions either, and had to learn the hard way [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...