Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

I am an architect and have graphic design as a hobby. I liked Xara software from day one and decided to have it my best software beside Corel and Photoshop.
    I made few Logos with Xara at the beginning as you will find them attached, then decided to work with it in a complicated presentation for an architectural project. The result was amazing and I succeeded to finish the project in a very short time relatively.
    I thought of sending you the project files in order to view the possibilities of this amazing software.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	all-6.gif 
Views:	367 
Size:	206.0 KB 
ID:	15333  

... drawings, T A!

The building looks incredible too. Great work.

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

I am an architect and have graphic design as a hobby. I liked Xara software from day one and decided to have it my best software beside Corel and Photoshop.
    I made few Logos with Xara at the beginning as you will find them attached, then decided to work with it in a complicated presentation for an architectural project. The result was amazing and I succeeded to finish the project in a very short time relatively.
    I thought of sending you the project files in order to view the possibilities of this amazing software.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John S. Clements:
    Very attractive creation!

Could you share with us on the process of creating these? Did you import line drawings from a CAD program or did you freehand them in Xara? What features or tools in Xara did you find to be the most useful? How would you compare it to using CorelDraw instead? Any thing else that impressed you about Xara when you were creating your images?

Regards, John<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did not use any Cad program, I started by creating a simple grid and used the layers in Xara to put things together. I would say that it is far easier and faster to use Xara than CorelDraw. Xara is a friendly software...

Very attractive creation!

Could you share with us on the process of creating these? Did you import line drawings from a CAD program or did you freehand them in Xara? What features or tools in Xara did you find to be the most useful? How would you compare it to using CorelDraw instead? Any thing else that impressed you about Xara when you were creating your images?

Regards, John

These are really awesome images.

Did you design the pyrimid buildings as well? They are really far out.

Thanks for sharing these.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Welcome!!! These are really incredible--nice work!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain