Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: tablet crash

I have a serial Wacom (SD series 12x12) driven from my Win98 PII400MHz machine. Xara2 and the original download of XaraX run/ran perfectly with the stylus, and in the first build of XaraX, strokes responded to pressure. However with the new trial download installed over the original, response to stylus pressure is OK only within strict limits. Bear down too hard, and one gets an internal program error 1849, then at the next touch of the stylus, an access violation exception at offsetn (varies; 0xFFE 73133 73187 is an example) and the program crashes. I reinstalled the Wacom driver; sometimes the order of install is important. No joy. The new Expression try-out runs from the tablet and stylus without a hitch, as does Xara2, installed in its own directory.

O.

I have a serial Wacom (SD series 12x12) driven from my Win98 PII400MHz machine. Xara2 and the original download of XaraX run/ran perfectly with the stylus, and in the first build of XaraX, strokes responded to pressure. However with the new trial download installed over the original, response to stylus pressure is OK only within strict limits. Bear down too hard, and one gets an internal program error 1849, then at the next touch of the stylus, an access violation exception at offsetn (varies; 0xFFE 73133 73187 is an example) and the program crashes. I reinstalled the Wacom driver; sometimes the order of install is important. No joy. The new Expression try-out runs from the tablet and stylus without a hitch, as does Xara2, installed in its own directory.

O.