Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I hope so too Randy...

hey Mike, ok, question, how does one render a very smooth render with edges antiased?

Doe the geom have to be so heavy inorder to gain smooth renders, or like as in Silo etc, is there a smooth view, but for rendering... ? Geez, I hope ya know where I am going with this

I tried pumping up the mesh rez, but man, there is only so much my wee Celery400 can handle

Yea, I tried the drop and pickup route for painting and yahooooo, thanks for this Great stuff to be able to paint ones models like this

Ok, one mo question... you know when ya sort of do a area mask and then just that part comes into view for finer modeling purpose etc... where art thou options to make this so?

Oh, and is there an "aim" like tool to take ya right to the spot, or do you always have to go via move and rotate etc... ??

thanks

Oh, and any further tips regarding the use of layers would be cool too..

Poor Mike, never imagined so many questions by the Gidgolator hehe...

Somehow you manage to put things in a better light than do most of the tuts and Zscripts out there...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> how does one render a very smooth render with edges antiased <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the render palette under antialaising are the adjustments, used by the best renderer.
    Display smoothing adjustments are in the tool palette. Display smoothing does'nt have much effect on an imported mesh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> you know when ya sort of do a area mask and then just that part comes into view for finer modeling purpose etc... where art thou options to make this so? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Press CTRL+shift and drag a rectangle around the portion of the model that you want to be viewable, any portion outside the rectangle will be hidden. CTRL+shift and click outside the model to bring the entire model back into view.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> is there an "aim" like tool to take ya right to the spot <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No aim tool but set pivot point (P) and (Shift+P) to clear pivot point, rotate axis is around the last edited point.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Mike, never imagined so many questions by the Gidgolator <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats ok as long as you understand my explanations, sometimes I confuse myself.

Awesome Mike... I have learned so much from you today... very way cool

and yea, I understand you far better than trying to follow some hyperspeed ZScript...

Thanks eh back to mo ZB now

Oh, almost forgot, the [P] pivot point route, I hit it and my model dissapeared outa sight??? What's that all about?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Oh, almost forgot, the [P] pivot point route, I hit it and my model dissapeared outa sight??? What's that all about? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I Don't know what happened, edit mode (t)
    I usually click the Pivot icons to activate it. Try again.

yea, it happens every time... hmm, have to look into this further... that pivot point would sure be handy when doing the partial area modeling... yikes, I rotated the portion in view, and it was still attached in pivot, to the part hidden, so had to move and zoom anyways...lol

I alos tried the displacement mapping in C4D CE and uggllyyyy... haha, sufficed to say I won't be showing those pics anytime soon... damn, and I even followed the instructions as were found at ZCentral on this... hmmm... I hope I can get this to work proerly, on both accounts here, though the diisplacement is the more important of the two for my purposes..

Hey Gidget, was the original model done in Wings3D? Looks like you are on your way to a great looking dragon.

Thanks Mike, I've learned a lot here too. I've tried slowing zscripts down to a crawl, but still can't understand what happens. Seeing things written out make them easier for me to understand.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thats cool Gigdge.....

How come a Dragon?,jk,just messing with ya...you will probably finish yours first bud

I am with Soquili on the z scripts {demo 1.55},its like do this and this and this,oh do this and this and this,and then this,only thing is "this" is a number of moves all done at once which is really hard to follow.

Oh boy am I going to have some Z questions soon for yas ,but real beginner stuff mind...

Hey Bill... yea, Wings3d to box it out, and then into ZBrush for sculpting...

Hey Stu... I agree with you guys when ya say it's hard to follow them durn scripts at times... Hence all the questions to Mike here... he has a way of spelling it all out just fine... and has been really patient with us noobs thus far