Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

How do you draw an arc in Xara?

I would like to see a particular ellipse tool - so you draw a segment of an ellipse, say 1/4 of it. The arc would have handles on each end to adjust the extent and location of the end points. This way it would be like an open ellipse with adjustable end points. And the size and proportions could also be changed. How can I suggest a new tool for Xara?

Thanks for your help.

How do you draw an arc in Xara?

I would like to see a particular ellipse tool - so you draw a segment of an ellipse, say 1/4 of it. The arc would have handles on each end to adjust the extent and location of the end points. This way it would be like an open ellipse with adjustable end points. And the size and proportions could also be changed. How can I suggest a new tool for Xara?

Thanks for your help.

Here's how you do it.

Make an ellipse.

Select it then - Arrange, Convert to editable shapes.

Now select as many points as you would like with the Shape Editor Tool. Click the "break points" button (looks like a broken razor blade). Now you can pick out your arc and modify it as much as you want...

Later,
    Robert
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

To add to Robert's excellent answer,

Once your ellipse has been converted to editable shapes, you can also click on any portion of the outline to add a new point, which you can then break at points. So your arc is not limited to just the initial four control points.

Here's another method: Using the Pen Tool, click a start and end point for a line. Now drag the line with the Pen Tool cursor and shape the line into an arc.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...