Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Anyone try this ... I have a PC and have been waiting for the PC version demo for months just to see what it's like. Anywone try the mac version?

http://www.synthetik.com/

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com

Anyone try this ... I have a PC and have been waiting for the PC version demo for months just to see what it's like. Anywone try the mac version?

http://www.synthetik.com/

I'm not sure I get what it does... what does it do!? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Sorry, it's late so didn't take the time to read anything on the site. A plugins-based-program?

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Well it's a graphics program ... as I understand it , you can get some pretty interesting brushes and effects ... or as they say on the site (just my opinion but the site design is not exactly pleasant considering they are a graphics app maker!)

"The World’s First Graphics Synthesizer Unique and Unlimited User Editable Natural to Out-Of-This-World Paints Simulate natural art materials or create totally new, unique personal paint tools. Wet paints that mix and smear, dynamic brush textures that evolve under your control."

I think they are making something which as far as I've read , is the only thing competing with Painter on it's level with natural media effects.

I see! Looks pretty cool then. There's a similar program that somebody brought up here earlier called "Project Dogwaffle", it looks like it might be a very similar program. It has a kinda large learning curve, but the site shows some AMAZING results that I think you'll love, oh, and it's FREE! Project Dogwaffle

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Thanks Steve ... just when I thought I'd seen every paint program , there's one I never heard of. I've downloaded a lot of small programs but this is one of the neatest. It really has some nice paint tools.

The mixer window is quite unique ... its like color on a palette. You can add more color and mix it up and then pick ... interesting way in which to get a range of similar colours for a certain image.

I'm not sure if it's reading pressure changes from my tablet and pen but I don't think so. I think it's changing the thickness/transparency of a stroke based on the speed (good for mouse users though)

Anyway , back to playing with this .. thanks for the link [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Yea, it is a really cool program. I don't know how much you've played around with it, but right-click on the brush tool to get a whole array of natural looking media, cool feature.

About your tablet, for some reason dogwaffle won't open for me right now so I can't tell you exactly how to do it, but somehow you can get the brush options which will give you the option of using a tablet. Hope this helps, explore!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-