Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MojoWorld

Mark, what a splendid Terragen image! I'm amazed you can stand working with that horrid UI.

There's a great interview with Dr. Ken "Doc Mojo" Musgrave, the creator of MojoWorld and the intellectual father of Bryce, at this URL:

http://missingmatter.net/interviews/.../0513257.shtml

He talks about a lot of interesting things, and mentions these - among others - as new MojoWorld features:

----------
    The biggest things coming down the pike are:

- Plug-ins: This opens MojoWorld to the world, so we’ll just see what comes of that! There are no inherent limits here.

- Volumetric clouds: We have lots of great models of clouds and their lighting to add.

- Improved atmospherics: Terragen illustrates how important this is. We have the models; we just have to get them in there.

----------

I predict that this guy and his software is going places! Let's stay tuned!

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Yes, great Terragen image Mark [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    My personal opinion is that Terragen's programmer Matt Fairclough is one of the most talented programmers in the 3D scene. Other people notice that too, which is the reason why he can't put a lot of time in it anymore. It's incredible to see how far this man was ahead of time 2 years ago, knowing that he did most in his spare time.

The Terragen site is functional again, and there's a fairly recent update:

http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/news.shtml

K

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

you stated "You need Mac or Win plants?"

I am interested in that address that you said you may be able to look up. I am wanting to look into 3D plant creators. But don't have $500.00 laying around [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I am also wondering, as I am researching more and more, I see that there seems to be few programs that offer exports as .bmp, .jpg, .gif or any other 2D type flattened image formats. It would be neat to get an AFFORDABLE 3D plant generator that would allow you to export it as a transparent .gif or .png with alpha layer!!! Then it could be imported into 2D programs like XaraX or painting programs like photopaint to use in scene creation projects.

Anything like that on the market or am I wishful thinking?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Thanks so much Gary and whoever else may have some input on this question/wish of mine [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

RAMwolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Thanks for the kinds words guys.

Hey cool, thanks again for some more info into that app Klaus. NOW it's beginning to sound more interesting! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I'm definately keeping my eye'n'ears open for news on it's development.

And btw... you asked "How can you stand working with that horrid UI?"... i can't really... hahaa but at least it's VERY simple to understand. And besides... i'm usually more in tune with what i'm creating than the environment i'm creating in. So i guess on another level, all i ask is that the UI be simple enough to grasp and read at a glance -- so it doesn't end up distracting me from my reason for even using it in the first place -- which comes down to a well thought-out UI design.

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"

if you had some luminocity to make it look a little translucent, you would have an even better effect... love the texture!

I need as much help as a person could with PS6... but I love it!