Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

A bit of a waste of time at the moment.

One question that I would like to raise in this topic, is the "Stop and Post" getting too big?

I have tried most months to post something in this area which I have been working on personally and I like the whole concept of showing work but I think that some of the work should have been posted as a separate topic like Bruce's Rad girl. I suppose it is up to the individuals choice wither to show here or in a separate topic but by the end of the month this topic is huge.

Should this topic be under another heading on the forum board where all members could post all of their work and it would not matter if it was done in Xara or PhotoShop, it is just a question not a critique.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Hmm, Iam wondering why my image got singled out by Albacore? The poor little Rad Girl was done completely in Xara X1 and she was finished being worked on just before this months Stop and post appeared.

The whole idea is to post what ever you have been working on with Xara. And what is wrong with huge topic ? They can be fun to read through. I guess it could be slow if you are on a dial up modem, but you would know that for this topic.

The main problem now is that Xara is paying to have this forum on the infopoop server and now, no more room for attachments. It does eat up a lot of bandwith. But if you have a web site then you can still link to your images.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Wow, this one's good, Bruce. Post a larger version. I tried coming up with original character designs for Dan Counterman's post, but it was harder than I imagined. How long does it take you to finish something like this?

Albacore,
    In response to your comment ... what is the difference between 1 thread containing 500k of graphics, as opposed to 12 threads containing a total of 500k of graphics ... other than the convenience of having them in one place. I started the Stop and POST threads in February of 2003 to encourage a variety of Xara users to post their works in a effort to get more participation in this gallery (especially from newer users). In that regard, I believe the STOP and POST threads have been highly successful ... especially since several members encouraged me to make it a monthly feature, which I have tried to do. If having the STOP and POST threads is a detriment to the forums, I'm sure Antony or someone from Xara will ask me to cease and desist ... and I will gladly do so.

Bruce,
    Albacore wasn't picking on you or your Rad 5 Girl ... he was just using it as an example of a nicely done graphic that could just as easily have been the focus of it's own thread.

To All,
    It would be easy for any of us to point fingers at another as part of the reason for this problem ... but the fact is ... Xara made the decision to have a forum where it's members could post graphics ... and it is ultimately THEIR responsiblity to decide how much space to provide (and pay for) ... and to manage the use of that space.

I feel confident they are taking steps right now to continue to provide this unique and fabulous forum without restrictions to the members. They just reached a crisis point on space and needed to make some critical decisions regarding the strategy going forward. I don't envy their position ... but I greatly appreciate and applaud their efforts

Hi Mr. Ed,

I agree with you...

Masque...

Read the message at the top of the screen. It read sorta like this...

"Sorry, but image attachments are currently unavailable. If possible please link to images on your own server. We will update as soon as we can on this matter."

Sorry to cause any disturdance in this topic, what I was trying to say was I thought Bruce's "Rad 5 Girl" are real cracker of a drawing and if it was posted as a separate topic I would have given it 5* right off. I also think that this topic is so sucessful that it spreads into 4 to 5 pages by the end of the month which makes it hard to access, meaning that it is too big. This means that drawings like Rad 5 girl get lost and the flamingos.

What I was trying to suggest was that this topic goes into a sepate heading or listing area where any one can post, whither it has be done in Xara, Flash, CDraw, PhotoShop or any other package or any other heading listing and we can see them to the full. This means you can show your Xara work in the Gallery and give your comments, and other folk can ask you how you did a certain area of the drawing ect, but also show it in Stop and Post. Maybe I am a bit of the wall here but it is an idea where we can view all the work on this site. I can not remember the last time I looked in the 3D graphics listing because my skill levels in this area is very poor but I always look in all Xara and Web content listings where my skill levels are much higher. I am sure this is the same for most folk who visit this site.

Having warbled on so long here all I want to say that I really like the concept of "Stop and Post" but I think that it could be placed in a separate listing and I am sure it will show the power and veracility over other packages.
    Design is thinking made visual.

okay now to post what I have been waiting since the 2nd to post...
    Attached Files Attached Files

JohnR,
    Very nice clip ... although it did run a bit fast. I see where you were going now

To All,
    Please re-post those items you could not post before ... and let's make good use of this new space the good people at Xara have given us

Hi Ed,

It is the 1st 5 seconds of a commercial. Two weeks of frustration for 5 seconds... As long as it is making money, and it seems like it is working.

At least I didn't try to post one of the other projects I am working on... 75Gig of Avi's that I have to edit down to 3G of Mpegs...

This is shower rose I tried to post last week, looking into stainless steel/chrome objects at the moment. 1st attempt tho
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rose.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	3474