Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Nav Bars

I have a problem, I have a website with frames. header, content and a main part. I created in the headerpart a Nav Bar which is working fine. Now i tried to create another Nav Bar in the content page, the Nav Bar shows up, but it takes the information from the header Nav Bar. I'm using for developing MS Frontpage XP and Webstyle 3.1.

Does know anybody how I can solve this problem?

I have a problem, I have a website with frames. header, content and a main part. I created in the headerpart a Nav Bar which is working fine. Now i tried to create another Nav Bar in the content page, the Nav Bar shows up, but it takes the information from the header Nav Bar. I'm using for developing MS Frontpage XP and Webstyle 3.1.

Does know anybody how I can solve this problem?

Hi and welcome to "TG"... could you show us an example please?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mhc-media:

Does know anybody how I can solve this problem?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1st....make your page with nothing on it.
    2nd....save it
    3rd....INSERT/WEB DESIGN(orMENU MAKER)

the program will then jump to either of the 2 programs for making such things and you can do all your editing.

You MUST select the frame from within frontpage first though in order for this to work. Lets say you wanna make a side bar menu in the contents section....you point the NAVBAR to the url and the TARGET FRAME to RIGHT...there ya go...easy.

dont forget though....to make a different menu in each frame you must forst select the frame from within frontpage...by simply clicking the appropriate frame and then INSERT/XARA(whatever)

have fun

I haven't seen your site, but many people feel that frames are the only way to reuse code. (So you don't have to place a menu on each page and change it every time you make site additions.)

One issue with frames is that the search engines will not index your site at all past the main frames pages because those pages call the files that are loaded into the frames.

There are other reasons to avoid using frames but to reuse code and menus and the like - you can use server side includes (SSI). This makes life a lot easier as you only need to change one file - but it is included on every page of your site.

Personally - I try to stay away from frames, unless they are absolutely necessary.

I leave it up to you.... If you want to know more about using SSI then let me know.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

"Wherever you go, there you are."

Randy Allen
    "Wherever you go, there you are."
    Randy Allen

Randy Allen Photography