Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: How many...

of the regulars here earn a living using Xara products?

By use, I mean in conjunction with any other tools, not just exclusively.

Obviously Gary Priester earns a living with these products, but how many of the rest of you?

The users here obviously get a lot of mileage from the fun / creative potential of Xara X and this alone would justify owning the package.

When I see / answer posts in the Corel newsgroups it is obvious the people there are earning money from the product using it in their jobs.

I see occasional references to works posted here that indicate the example in question is / was for a paying client or as part of an internal company job, but not nearly so many as in the Corel newsgroups.

I know Xara is a professional tool. I just figured that for Xara to make the kind of impact in the graphics world it deserves, posting descriptions (not pictures) of what you use Xara for to earn a living might help garner more users who are just browsing / lurking in this area.

To sum up the works published here are very good and look fantastic, I am just curious to know if the fun / artistic outlet enjoyed by yourselves in a personal capacity translates into a professional one (read earning a daily crust).

Curious Pete.
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt

of the regulars here earn a living using Xara products?

By use, I mean in conjunction with any other tools, not just exclusively.

Obviously Gary Priester earns a living with these products, but how many of the rest of you?

The users here obviously get a lot of mileage from the fun / creative potential of Xara X and this alone would justify owning the package.

When I see / answer posts in the Corel newsgroups it is obvious the people there are earning money from the product using it in their jobs.

I see occasional references to works posted here that indicate the example in question is / was for a paying client or as part of an internal company job, but not nearly so many as in the Corel newsgroups.

I know Xara is a professional tool. I just figured that for Xara to make the kind of impact in the graphics world it deserves, posting descriptions (not pictures) of what you use Xara for to earn a living might help garner more users who are just browsing / lurking in this area.

To sum up the works published here are very good and look fantastic, I am just curious to know if the fun / artistic outlet enjoyed by yourselves in a personal capacity translates into a professional one (read earning a daily crust).

Curious Pete.
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt

Hi, you know you can create your own survey here in the forum.

Think of some general categories of commercial applications Xara could be used for and create a your survey.

Right, Peter. I do. But not only from the XaraXone and related Xara sites.

I use Xara X for all my illustration and web site graphics. I used to use Xara about 70% and CorelDRAW 30% of the time. Now the ratio is about 95% to 5% in favor of Xara.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...