Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have bad news Mr. Goodal [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    Problem with EPS export on new version 1.0aa is still not fixed....
    I tried to separate direct from Xara1.0aa - there's no problem, but when export in Xara X EPS format, the old problem is still in being....
    I apply my test with identical file from Xara2, Xara X beta2 Oct 20, and Xara X 1.0aa!
    I trying to separate from all of kinds - there's no problem with tree versions - I apply .ps files from this test....
    But when try to export in EPS format, and then rend it in Photoshop.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] confident itself...., In Xara 2 and Xara X beta2 there's no problems, CMYK colors in percentages stay the same, but in XX1.0aa have hard change of colors.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I stay on XaraX beta2 Oct 20!!!
    Last edited by minimiro; 10 February 2009 at 10:07 PM.
    [A]bort? [R]etry? or [S]elf distruct

minimiro.com

I have bad news Mr. Goodal [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    Problem with EPS export on new version 1.0aa is still not fixed....
    I tried to separate direct from Xara1.0aa - there's no problem, but when export in Xara X EPS format, the old problem is still in being....
    I apply my test with identical file from Xara2, Xara X beta2 Oct 20, and Xara X 1.0aa!
    I trying to separate from all of kinds - there's no problem with tree versions - I apply .ps files from this test....
    But when try to export in EPS format, and then rend it in Photoshop.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] confident itself...., In Xara 2 and Xara X beta2 there's no problems, CMYK colors in percentages stay the same, but in XX1.0aa have hard change of colors.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I stay on XaraX beta2 Oct 20!!!
    [A]bort? [R]etry? or [S]elf distruct

minimiro.com

Hello

As A further check download Paintshop Pro 7 tryout and see if there is a difference.
    In Paintshop Pro your colours are out by 3 units
    in the second from right swatches.

Xara 25 255 255
    Paintshop 28 255 255
    Photoshop 6 0 169 240.

Compare attached tif made from your Xarax 1.0aa file in Psp 7

This is using colour picker 1.0
    No where as extreme as Photoshop 6.
    Which version of Photoshop are you using?
    I don't know why but Paintshop Pro does a much better job with XARAX eps than Photoshop.
    Xarax still has a problem as the exports are still ofset, up and to the right and clipped.

Also Xarax still will not open a Photoshop clipping path or a genuine Illustrator ai file.
    Nor will it open a Photoshop cilpping path saved as .eps except using Corel/Freehand/Artworks filters. You will have to select the imported object and stroke as Photoshop paths have no fill or stroke.

Send your XaraX.eps to Chris Cox of Adobe.
    ccox@Adobe.COM

Mike Engles

[This message was edited by mike engles on January 12, 2001 at 02:44 PM.]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Minimiro, you are right, the standard palette exports colour in rgb, I checked with an editor the eps output.
    If you edit the colour in cmyk (moving up and down one of the sliders) then the colours are exported correctly.

I did it for all the standard colours and made a new template, please check it.
    I think it will export ok.

But... this is not a complete solution, because old drawings export still as RGB and only programmers can solve it.

Old Xara2 had not this problem.

[This message was edited by Luciano on January 12, 2001 at 02:42 PM.]
    Attached Files Attached Files

no problems here

i did some sample sqares with 100c, 100y, etc...
    rendered it in photoshop 6 as cmyk and tried illustrator 9 and...

everything worked

FLySOLO

If you define the colours they export correctly.
    The bug is limited to colours that come in the standard palette.
    In Xara2 if you make a square, fill it with magenta (without editing the colours) you get CMYK; in Xarax they become RGB.
    Apart from Photoshop, you can edit EPS files(type 1) with any ASCII editor (or a wordprocessor) and you can read directly the postscript code.
    Anyway I found the problem when I printed again a brochure which was made (and already printed) in xara2, made some changes in Xarax and exported in eps.
    The magenta lines and tabs looked really different in the updated printed brochure.

ciao

Luciano Capello