Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks Gidgit. Just following your lead. Added the last few pieces. Not sure about the knight, but it will do until I can figure out something better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chess-full-set.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	4930  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

No Bill, with the pawns you were following my lead... with the rest here you were really modeling on your own bud... making your own choices, probably correcting some choices here and there along the way, and so yea man... that's modeling... the more practice you get extruding, moving, scaling etc.... and yes, the more times you change up directions of approach, the more friendly you will become with the whole process... and then bam... you are able to pretty much model anything you see to

I like that knight of yours, it looks very nice... in fact nicer than mine Bill... and that isn't supposed to happen, so cut that out eh

Nah, seriously, fantastic job The shape is what counts for this exercise, not complete detailing of the pieces... I mean if ya detail one real heavy like, then you would pretty much have to detail the rest... so yea, it's all about learning to create basic forms for objects, while learning the tools and ops in doing so... [thumbs up]

and you are just doing a great job of things Bill, just great indeed... [thumbs up ]

Thanks Gidgit! Your tutorials gave me all the information I needed to play around with Wings and achieve these shapes.

All the shapes except the king and queen, were made by altering the original pawn and saving as a new file. I goofed when making the knight and accidentally overwote the pawn file

The king and queen were made when trying to see if I could make a shape from scratch without referring to the tutorial. They turned out similar enough to be used with the others, yet different enough to be distinctive as the 'royal' pair.

Thanks again for the wonderful, easy to understand tutorials!!!!!!
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Your welcome Bill...

They look splendid

I will see what I can do to get ya working on something which includes a wider use of some more tools found in Wings3d... in the mean time, well heck, model something eh

Good on ya bud

Nice tuts and good jog.

Keep up the good work.

Turan