Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This had to be trimmed down in size an awful lot and loses detail from the reduction but I thought I'd post it anyway. A bit of fun with the old mil dragon and a gargoyle type. Hope it's hot enough in there!
    ---Maya
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dragonfire_vsm.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	5437  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

This had to be trimmed down in size an awful lot and loses detail from the reduction but I thought I'd post it anyway. A bit of fun with the old mil dragon and a gargoyle type. Hope it's hot enough in there!
    ---Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Great work Crow Haven it looks like it was painted by hand, really nice.

JohnLogan.

Thanks, John! I was hoping it would have that sort of look.
    -Mark Twain

Yep! that looks hot to me, and the image is as well.

Hot indeed - would love to see the higher res one.

But love it all.

Turan

Thanks Mike and Turan! Well, all I can try is to link offsite to a bit larger version on a pic storage acct. I have (but they have limits before they resize pics too, so this is about as large as I try to post here) -- if this linked pic is not allowed I'll remove it, no prob.
    -Mark Twain

Very nice, I really like the colors. Is this done in DAZ studio?
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Very nice Maya,

I LOVE the lava flow. You did this part or ??? Gotta have that lava flow!!

I don't know if the allowances are different now here at TG but I have uploaded some pretty large files (under 300Kb's) and I wasn't scolded for it! I think as long as it's not over 800 pix wide it's fine!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Thanks Bruce, glad you enjoyed viewing this one too! It was created in Poser5. Poser6 is shipping and I will have that version as soon as it lands on my doorstep = it's filled with major improvements and looks very worthwhile in the lighting department alone.

Thanks Richard! The lava is a component of the weekly freebie at DAZ called the Dragon's Lair. It has morphs available as does the gold pile which I slagged pretty good in this image. The coloring is courtesy of 17 lights - mostly spotlights - as the cave environment is dark to begin with. A bit of postwork in PSCS for the illustration effect to take hold and bring out the heat of the reds.

I try to keep my images as small as I can here - under 100 kb and no more than 600 px wide - (I have been scolded several times for posting images of a bit over 80 kb over in the Xara forum).
    -Mark Twain