Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wash time

More playing about. Started off with abstract extrusions. Then became a play with the magnet on a plane and finished of with my first tut on HDR's.

Feedback as always.

Turan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wash.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	17234  

More playing about. Started off with abstract extrusions. Then became a play with the magnet on a plane and finished of with my first tut on HDR's.

Feedback as always.

Turan

Looks good Turan, made me think of a washcommercial. We have diferent looking clothespins, here's an example.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Between you and I John, there like that over here also - it's just they don't drop out of an HyperNURBS so quickly (althought I feel a Xara drawn spline comng on - but how to do the spring?).

Thanks for the photo - hopefully you had one on your desk, as mine are just ten feet away and I did not go get one last night .

That said, I just tend to ramble with my mouse - I did not set out to draw a cloths peg - same with knife as well. I doddle to a point where I say 'hey that looks like a....' and then try and add props (like the book and the scored table for the knife drawing) or the cloth and the kitchen HDR for this one - until the scene is set.

Some day I'll have to start out with a drawing in mind.

Turan

PS I curse others when they don't do it and then I always forget myself - for others coming behind us this was drawn in Cinema 4D v9.1

Great pic. I'm really amazed at the quality renders you people come up with.
    Doodling with 3d. Kinda playing with clay, just molding and kneading until something takes shape. Hey, it's a great way to get familiar with the tools. Pretty soon, you'll be able to run the entire program in your head. That's when the real fun begins.
    Just like riding a bike, .

Very nice job... I love the vibrant colors, and yes, really nice render indeed...

and yea, btw, 3d doodling is one relaxing thing to do...

That comment of John's about the other pegs has not been forgotten - so here is the update

Turan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldvnew.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	3368  

Great work Turan. You did a good job on the olde and the new clothes pins.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Yes, I like them both, too, and a very nice render with those colors. The wooden pins are well done! Ours here look more like John's in coloring after being outdoors a while, kinda bleached pine and rougher, tending to greyish with time.
    Nice work!
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Very nice work there Turan. The old closespins look as good as the new ones.

JohnLogan.