Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Did anyone watch the 2hour cg special, "Dragons A Fantasy Made Real," last night on the Animal Planet channel here in the US? Wow!!! It was shown twice back to back here and I had to watch it both times. Fantastic cg work by the company Frame Store. They worked 3 years on it. Just incredible -- had me believing in dragons! This was done as if frozen intact dragon bodies had been found amidst their human attackers/victims in an ice cave in the Carpathian mountains. I tell you, the cgfx were just brilliant, imo, and the most realistic done of dragons to date. They used biologist's info to explain everything about dragons behavior, form, flying and fire breathing abilities and it was just stunning. It was convincingly narrated by Patrick Stewart of Star Trek NG fame. I loved it!
    ---Maya

P.S. For those interested and missed it, I've heard it will be rebroadcast. They're showing it again Saturday, 3/26 at 5PM Pacific and 8 PM Pacific, then Sunday 3/27 at 2PM Pacific.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Did anyone watch the 2hour cg special, "Dragons A Fantasy Made Real," last night on the Animal Planet channel here in the US? Wow!!! It was shown twice back to back here and I had to watch it both times. Fantastic cg work by the company Frame Store. They worked 3 years on it. Just incredible -- had me believing in dragons! This was done as if frozen intact dragon bodies had been found amidst their human attackers/victims in an ice cave in the Carpathian mountains. I tell you, the cgfx were just brilliant, imo, and the most realistic done of dragons to date. They used biologist's info to explain everything about dragons behavior, form, flying and fire breathing abilities and it was just stunning. It was convincingly narrated by Patrick Stewart of Star Trek NG fame. I loved it!
    ---Maya

P.S. For those interested and missed it, I've heard it will be rebroadcast. They're showing it again Saturday, 3/26 at 5PM Pacific and 8 PM Pacific, then Sunday 3/27 at 2PM Pacific.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain