Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That's exactly my point. Great movie, and I think this puts the question to rest.

Hawkeye, care to comment or have you moved off to pester the folks in the Corel Conference :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Early So Humble...

Sorry you consider my question as pestering. I did not expect this reaction.

To me it is clear, from Gary's comparison of the best known vector programs, and especially from Egg Bramhils HALF an hour movie(!!!) that I do not even have to download a demo of Freehand.

Indeed Gary, this perspective tool did fascinate me. Meanwhile I installed a demo of Xara and had a quick look. If you do not consider this pestering, would anyone mind to explain me how someting can be part of a pixel, for example line thickness? Wasn't I thought that pixels are the smallest units on a screen, and that they have no fixed physical size? Xara does count with tenths of pixels if I saw well...?

Thanks for the trouble and the time.

Benjamin. (I did love Mash...so therefore this Hawkeye)

Benjamin

I'm glad we convinced you :-)

Technically you cannot display a line that is less than a pixel in width. Xara fakes it by making the line 1 pixel wide but making it lighter. Of course, vector shapes can be scaled up or down with no loss of detail. Draw a .5 point line and zoom into it at 25,000 X. Line's still sharp.

A .25 point line is considered a hairline and will print at that size and smaller depending upon the resolution of the printer. That is why you see these on the drop down. Same with any vector application.

The equivilant to a one pixel line in points is .75 points. 1.5 points is 2 pixels, etc.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Early So Humble...

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Hawkeye - I'm glad you are going to give Xara a whirl.

Regarding pestering: Certainly asking a question is never pestering. I think all Gary was refering to is the situation where somebody drops in and ask a question to which many folks respond - The questioner then never responds in turn, leaving everyone wondering if they ever even checked back. As you can see, a question asked here can get many responses. A positive response like you gave makes it all worthwhile. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on June 24, 2001 at 08:06.]

Freudhand?? did someone mention <font face="creepy">Freudhand</font>???

ruined my day..

<font size="1">"pester off, Q.."
    "where am I?? ..are these my teeth??"</font>