Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

I've often suspected changing the view to "Show Printer Colors" effects the colors printed.

Today I created a bitmap while Show Printer Colors was active and was shocked to see it was so much darker than the original, and still was after I reverted to Normal View.

I decided to do a print test on two vector squares and discovered there was a decided difference in the color results with Show Printer Colors active.

In my opinion Show Printer colors should be deactivated prior to the actual printing for the best results.

http://fasolt.mtcc.com/~mom/xsquirrel.gif

My Stuff

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Printcolor.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	14113  

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

I've often suspected changing the view to "Show Printer Colors" effects the colors printed.

Today I created a bitmap while Show Printer Colors was active and was shocked to see it was so much darker than the original, and still was after I reverted to Normal View.

I decided to do a print test on two vector squares and discovered there was a decided difference in the color results with Show Printer Colors active.

In my opinion Show Printer colors should be deactivated prior to the actual printing for the best results.

http://fasolt.mtcc.com/~mom/xsquirrel.gif

My Stuff

I would've thought the function served only to preview the inevitable difference, not actually affect the output. Strange...
    IMO, this is counter productive in principle. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for the note, Judi.

Regards, Wayne

... that does not make much sense, does it? Perhaps, they should clarify that show printer colours a little bit...

Thanks for pointing it out, Judi.

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

I tried,.. don't notice a difference. My display is well calibrated though. Hm ???

W