Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Here's a couple of recent works. I'm new to Bryce.

Wayne

[This message was edited by ivca on April 02, 2001 at 08:28 PM.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mustang.jpg 
Views:	573 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	20176  

Here's a couple of recent works. I'm new to Bryce.

Wayne

[This message was edited by ivca on April 02, 2001 at 08:28 PM.]

chessboard

Name:	chessboard.jpg 
Views:	535 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	14911  

Everytime I decide to get a deeper knowledge of an app, I see something fascinating...done with another one.
    O IVCA, why did you publish those great images? One day I'll have to buy Bryce too... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Erik

Let me tell you Erik, I first got into CG around '97. Never touched a computer before that. I downloaded a trial of Bryce 2 shortly afterward and decided to get a book to help me along. The book ended up costing about $60.00 (Real world Bryce2). After about a month or 2 of fooling around with it, I sort of let it go. Then last summer, a friend of mine bought Bryce 4 but didn't like it. I bought it from him real cheap and decided to give it real shot this time 'round. The plane is about a month old, and the chessboard is about 2 weeks old. Now, Bryce does many things good but modeling, it does not excel at for sure. Building compound objects in Bryce isn't very practical for making "real" objects. So my next step is to try a modelling program. I downloaded Rhino, but it's super complex to me ... and very expensive too.

The Mustang and the chess pieces were downloaded from 3 D cafe ... and placed in Bryce. All in all, if I buy a piece of software ... I'm sure a heck going to give it my best shot to learn it !!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

regards, Wayne

Wayne...check out Maxons Cinema 3d products at Maxon.com.They are excellent 3d products,and they dont cost the earth.

Ps is the chess board based on the game Battleships?,thats what it reminds me of.

Cheers.

Stu. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

No, not really ... In terms of Bryce creations though, this is sort of the equivelant to sketching a Unicorn and calling it original fantasy. There are really far too many juxtaposed objects in water out there at this point, but seeing as i'm a newbie, I can always chalk it up to a rite of Bryce passage ... stuff floating in water, or the ubiquitous chrome balls.

One main advantage to using 3D, is the ability to compose many points of view with one creation. Moving the camera around is the real fun ...

Thanks again, Wayne

Name:	chess2.jpg 
Views:	446 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	9895  

Whheeee...Look what it did, grandpa! That was +/- what the reaction of my grandaugther when she pushed a button on some kind of a filter. What I encourged her to do was to Create her own effect.
    Those filter filled programs I believe have a nitch within the computer art world...no knocking it. As an artist of some 30 yrs.having used all kinds of media, I feel that with relying on the filters ones own creativeness can be shortened. I remember while giving art classes some students would ask me to 'Show them how it's done'. Fine, I did, in many cases give them a demostration. But, then they wanted to work over my demos etc.No. that would not stimulate their creativeness. The Old World Masters taught like that. They would start a painting and let their students continue it. That's why when you look at a VanDyk it looks like a Rubens and vice versa. No doubt there is merit to that process. I feel, from my own experiance, that once you get the basic art elements under your belt, then you begin to make art 'YOURS'. That's how I feel about the filter programs. You can fool around with THEIR lighting etc...but it really isn't yours! Try and Creat the lighting you want with whatever tool, apart from jucy filters, to make it your own. Years ago you couldn't go to some place and find a Font and then stick it on. Remember the rub ons? That was quite an era. However, I feel that one should be able to create his/hers own Font design.Once you do this there isn't any fear of not being able to find a font suitable for you artwork. I am sending an attachment of a piece I did in Xara (there are 3 fotos I used) mixing vector drawing with fotos. The border was made totally with Xara v.2,using my digital pad/stylus. The word Africa I design from scratch. I wanted that effect that you see there...floating back with transparency..with a thickness to the front giving the idea of a deep perspective. All in all I have found much more satisfaction in my doing or creating the effects. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not knocking the filters...I have used them, perhaps for time sake. Like on the Africa piece,I could have used Photo Edges...but it would have taken me a day and a yr looking for one with the effect I wanted...so, I did it myself. Now I know how to do it without any filter.
    I'm sure your talent will continue to grow...I make these observations with that positive thought.
    Ciao..Bill Cleg

Name:	africa2.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	165.2 KB 
ID:	8845  

I've always wondered how I could make my own fonts!? I'd probably be making them in Xara, but it would be really cool if I could put them into my font list to type with! Any help would be great!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Steve, you use a typeface designer to create your fonts such as macromedia fontographer (quite expensive but there are also many cheaper ones).
    While vector packages (such as corel or maybe even xara) can save vetors in TTF this is usually pain in the neck. With typeface designer you have the ability to modify existing font (that's what 90% of font designers do todoay) or scan and vectorize real drawing (like handwriting)
    These fonts are fully compaible with windows.