Please give me some pointers
    Ray
    IP

IP

The User Guide you got with it.
    The movies on the Adobe site.

http://www.photoshopgurus.info/forum...ine=1019851685
    IP

yup, got to agree, the user manual is a must read. Go through the manual and the accompanying lessons that are on the CD Rom. (about 20 times worked for me)

Then head over to your fav search engine ( I like google) and have a search. Should find a zillion tuts out there, maybe not so many for PS7 yet, but plenty for other versions which still should apply to the vast majority of PS.

If you have a specific question I would be glad to help if I can [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

~Vp~
    ~Vp~
    IP

1) The Adobe Photoshop 7 Classroom in a Book is the best way to learn Photoshop's features.
    Published by Adobe. This is NOT the manual that comes with the program. It is a greatly expanded version of the manual, and covers many more features. Get the Web Edition if you intend to do web design. The book for PS 6 was horribly reviewed, so check the reviews at Amazon or Barnes and Noble before buying ANY software book.
    I have the book for version 5.5, and it is great, and was reviewed well.

2) When Peachpit puts out a Lynda Weinman book called Photoshop 7 and Image Ready HOT (Hands on Training) This book is primarily for learning to use Photoshop for web design. I don't know if the Photoshop 7 version is out yet. Lynda Wienman's books are unmatched for learning the basics of software packages like Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Flash. (I learned all 3 from her books.)

3) For Reference, I use the Peachpit Press Visual Quickstart guide. Though some reviewers hate this book, I've had nothing but good luck with it as a reference.

4) If you are a photographer seeking professional results and printing, the best book is Professional Photoshop, The Classic Guide to Color Correction. This amazing book is usually the most highly reviewed Photoshop book on book seller sites. Many pro photographers use this book. Not geared towards creating graphics or the web.

I have a really crappy Photoshop book I wasted $15 on, and it has some tips I have never seen anywhere else. It shows to go you, that you need to learn from several sources to get a well-rounded education.

Check the reviews at Amazon.com and BarnesAnd Nobel.com before buying any software books! You will thank me for this advice, I guarantee you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I have picked up tips and tricks and tutorials on the web, but I find that trying to learn the basics this way is frustrating and a pain in the butt! A good book is worth far more for learning the fundementals, if you can afford the expense after buying Photoshop! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll
    IP

I posted something about this (with links) in New Gear.

Marcus Geduld
    { email me } { visit me }
    Marcus Geduld
    { email me } { visit me }
    IP