Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just surfing along the web I reached this site where I was amazed to find that a much hated man of the 20th century was an artist. I am posting on of his paintings which is pretty neat.

Please do not read anything unnecessary in this post.

I was just wondering if history would have been somewhat different if he had used XaraX. Then maybe he wouldn't have had to think of anything else!

Q [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hitler_flower8.jpg 
Views:	542 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	8447  

Just surfing along the web I reached this site where I was amazed to find that a much hated man of the 20th century was an artist. I am posting on of his paintings which is pretty neat.

Please do not read anything unnecessary in this post.

I was just wondering if history would have been somewhat different if he had used XaraX. Then maybe he wouldn't have had to think of anything else!

Q [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

U sure that it was made by him and not a hoax, not doubting you, just being sure with the internet these days! Hard to believe anything good could have come from that man

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

It is well known that Hitler dabbled in painting, so it's quite likely not a hoax. But it's not exactly a great painting either.

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Well it just looks like a bunch of old dried up stuff to me, just like his ideas. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

As a young man, A.H. was coming from his hometown to Vienna and tried to make a living as an artist.

He tried to go to academy several times but was never accepted due to lack of talent.
    Some historians say, that this was the reason for his hate of establishment which leaded to what came afterwards.

Just imagine, if they let him go to academy, all he would have been was a bad painter and some bad parts of history would never have happened ...

If you like this idea (and who would not) I recommend a book I liked very much: "Making History" from Stephen Fry. Not exactly the same aproach, but a possible (though not better) setting what could have been without him.

Sorry for this lesson in history ...

Wolfgang

It's really to bad we can't see one of his current paintings, I always wondered what HELL looks like.

Well I found this pic at www.hitler.org

the berries in the foreground are particularly good...does it really matter who the artist is?before you pass comment on the work?
    i get a feeling people are scared of complimenting adolf hitler on a beautiful painting. how sad that politics has filtered through

eric

Eric,
    The painting just flat SUCKS, it's not the fact that he killed millions of innocent people (politics?), I just see no artistic ability in this crappy painting. Before you ask, could I do better? Maybe in painting No, as a human being, Yes! Personally, I think they should take all his artistry and print it to toilet paper. And it's pretty sad someone would even stick up for a monster like this. I hope SATAN uses him for target practice so he can die over and over and over and over ->to infinity. Geeze, I hope you don't think I'm being too harsh cuz I am holding back some of my truest feelings here.

(BTW, I'm of German desent)
    Jeff