Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi.
    I am new to flash so I have one small question..
    I have a flash movie(which I will use as a navigation bar on my site) In that movie I have 5 different buttons and I would like to know how to link them to a specific page on my site....
    IP

Hi.
    I am new to flash so I have one small question..
    I have a flash movie(which I will use as a navigation bar on my site) In that movie I have 5 different buttons and I would like to know how to link them to a specific page on my site....
    IP

Just add a get url command to the button you are using and put the absolute address in the argument line. ie http://www.yoursite.com/chicken.htm if you try to use the relative path it will not work in netscape below the release number 5 level. That should do it. Regards, Bill

Macromeidians 1:1

In the begining the web was dark and void, and the net was with out color or shape, Then there was a Flash and Life came to the web and vision became reality.
    Macromeidians 1:1

In the begining the web was dark and void, and the net was with out color or shape, Then there was a Flash and Life came to the web and vision became reality.
    IP

If you code "freehand" ai expertmode.
    the code looks like this:
    getURL ("http://www.mindgem.nu", "_self");

where the second parameter is the type of window the address will open with, _self is the parent window. and _blank is a new window.

If u however wanted to load a frame/scene of .swf flavour. u should use loadMovieNum.

loadMovieNum ("blah.swf", 6);
    name of the .swf and the level it should land on.
    level is the same as layer, but outside editmode.

Play DrugBaron: www.mindgem.nu/drugbaron.html
    Play GraffitiCreator: www.mindgem.nu/graffiti.html
    Some Eyecandy: www.mindgem.nu/galleryindex.html
    IP