Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi All,

I'm still crawling SLOWLY through the PI book. (Not a fun read, but for a non-graphics person like me, it's been a great help in figuring out all those new functions. I've found it's a great way to supplement all the fun stuff in the various tutorials.)

Anyway, on to my question. I thought that when I zoom with either the Zoom Tool in the Tool Panel, or if I try the "Z-plus-left-click" approach, it should focus on the spot right under the mouse. But I find that this is not always the case. It does keep that specific point someplace in the window after zooming, but it is not always CENTERED on my desired point.

What am I missing ?

Thanks,

sgornicki
    IP

Hi All,

I'm still crawling SLOWLY through the PI book. (Not a fun read, but for a non-graphics person like me, it's been a great help in figuring out all those new functions. I've found it's a great way to supplement all the fun stuff in the various tutorials.)

Anyway, on to my question. I thought that when I zoom with either the Zoom Tool in the Tool Panel, or if I try the "Z-plus-left-click" approach, it should focus on the spot right under the mouse. But I find that this is not always the case. It does keep that specific point someplace in the window after zooming, but it is not always CENTERED on my desired point.

What am I missing ?

Thanks,

sgornicki
    IP

Hi..... it will zoom in to the centre of the current view. You can also use the + and - keys on the far right keypad (very handy). I would suggest tapping + a couple times, then hitting the G key which will pop up a small full view of the page you are workin on which allows you to locate the part of the object you want and centre on that. You can zoom into that more with + again. Once you get the hang of it, it's very quick

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg
    IP