Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I don't know what I've done to my CorelDraw9... HP color laserjet but the Nec MultiSync XV and the printer don't even come close in colors anymore. I had to use the corel default cyan to attain turquoise on the printer... If I use the turquoise I used to use it comes out green, green, green!!! Any ideas please.
    IP

I don't know what I've done to my CorelDraw9... HP color laserjet but the Nec MultiSync XV and the printer don't even come close in colors anymore. I had to use the corel default cyan to attain turquoise on the printer... If I use the turquoise I used to use it comes out green, green, green!!! Any ideas please.
    IP

I can't think of anything that you could have done to Draw to cause that kind of color change. Are you using a color profile and if so is it enabled when you go to print (Print>Misc tab)? Has anything changed in the printer (cartridge, paper)? Maybe try printing something from another program that you've printed before.
    IP

Visit http://www.vakcer.com/mcdesign and read "Managing Colors in Corel." It may help you.
    IP

I did check out the misc in printer window and put a check mark in the color profile HP4500 but that didn't help at all. Turquoise still coming out green. I also copied the image and pasted into Paint and printed and it came out a little bluer but not quite the shade of turqouise I'm looking for. But on the HP its really an emerald green.

Michael,
    I can't even find the color wizard your article is talking about. Nice page though. But so far I'm such a dummy it's no help to me yet. I'll keep reading though.

I did print out the 'Reproducing Colors Accurately' help article and can't seem to get much assistance there either. This is really a mess.

I also printed out a 'calibration' page on the HP, HP's menu selection, and the colors matched the original print out when I first purchased the printer. No toner low lights either.

I'm so stumped and frustrated with this.

Marie

PS: I always forget to check the 'email me' box and can never seem to get back to it once a reply is posted. It doesn't show up when I edit (update) message.
    IP

Since it seems to be a Draw problem you might try reverting to factory defaults (hold down F8 until a dialogue box comes up). You will lose any customizations you have made to Draw. Have you tried posting over on Unleashed?:

http://www.unleash.com/forums/default.asp

Not much traffic there either but someone might have a clue.
    IP

The Color Wizard is for version 8. The article was wrote to version 8, but you can use it in version 9 or 10 as well, except the wizard part.

You should check if you are using two or more color managers at the same time. You should use only one.

Does your video card has gamma control?

Are you enabling Color Profile at Print Preview Miscellaneous tab?

Is your printer color manager disable?

Is Windows color manager disable?
    IP

Michael,
    I don't know how to check for two or more color managers.

I don't know if my video card has gamma control. It is a Diamond Speed Star A50 for Windows98 according to device manager.

I have checked 'EnableColor profile' (lower part of box says RGB) at Print Preview Miscellaneous tab and unchecked. Same results

I don't know if my printer color manager is disabled? Don't even know how to find it. Using HP4500 Color LaserJet

How do I see if Windows color manager is disabled?

Please forgive me for being so ignorant but I really need to solve this problem and 'pride' has to be bypassed so I'll admit to being a 12 year CorelDraw newbie.

I have F8 and /factory CD9, I have re-installed. Still no luck.

Marie
    IP

This may provide a clue to someone...
    I just produced a brochure using some jpg photos and the colors did very well. It seems when I use the pallet (spelling) that I'm having trouble with the color match. Again cyan on the color chart comes out turquoise and turquoise comes out emerald green. I have printed that document from Paint and the colors are very close to what I originally chose from the CD9 pallet. But if I print from CD9 the colors are not even close.

Thank you
    IP