Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Was goofing around with some features of Xara and thought I'd post this just for the fun of it. Anybody have any idea what I could've done to get rid of the faint bounding boxes around each letter?

joroho
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	just_playing.gif 
Views:	281 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	9570  
    Wise men still seek Him.

Was goofing around with some features of Xara and thought I'd post this just for the fun of it. Anybody have any idea what I could've done to get rid of the faint bounding boxes around each letter?

joroho
    Wise men still seek Him.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Looks interesting! I see the "bounding boxes" you comment about. Did you try feathering? I have also noticed before to be careful with the pen colour of objects you are being beveled. I typically change them to no colour. When they are defined as, say, black they may not be readily visible but maybe they create problems like you note.

Then again those faint light lines you see might have something to do with how you built up the image. Perhape slightly enlarging the upper beveled shapes will eliminate the line at the transition to what is behind. (IE the faint line might be the flat face of the beveled shapes behind).

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on May 06, 2001 at 03:42 PM.]

First, you're efforts are rewarded.
    About the bounding boxes> I have had problems printing text with bevels. The bounding boxes are not visible. In wire frame, yes. When I print a piece with bevels the bounding boxes print out. (Sometimes). I say sometimes because in some pieces I used "make all curves" and when I did that the bb did not show. (I use HP Color Laserprinter) I haven't sent any to outside printers...I don't know if they'ed show up.I must say I have never seen them in any work on my computer. Maybe Xara,Ltd. would be interested in knowing about this.

regards- Bill Cleg [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]