Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Ok, maybe it's not that grand [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Anyway, I'm on to the next stage of design with www.metalandplastics.co.uk (the plastic injection moulding website - woohoo!!).

I would like opinions on the design (esp. colours - links, etc.), the layout, technical browser problems, ease of reading, etc.

I would also appreaciate opinions about the speed of the site from 56k/33.6/28.8 modem users...

I do know of two issues with the site.

1) Opera 5 displays a dark blue colour next to the vertical light blue strip(??)

2)Both Opera 5 and Netscape 6.1 seem to add a lot of vertical space to the main body section, thus the background logo seems to drop off the bottom of the screen - which isn't the desirable effect unless the content goes that far down.

I have tested on the Windows PC versions of Netscape 6.1, Opera 5 and IE6 so far, other browser opinions would be appreaciated.

Plus there's still only the front page for the moment - soon there will be more [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanx for comments [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Michael Ward
    http://LeighCenturions.net
    IP

Ok, maybe it's not that grand [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Anyway, I'm on to the next stage of design with www.metalandplastics.co.uk (the plastic injection moulding website - woohoo!!).

I would like opinions on the design (esp. colours - links, etc.), the layout, technical browser problems, ease of reading, etc.

I would also appreaciate opinions about the speed of the site from 56k/33.6/28.8 modem users...

I do know of two issues with the site.

1) Opera 5 displays a dark blue colour next to the vertical light blue strip(??)

2)Both Opera 5 and Netscape 6.1 seem to add a lot of vertical space to the main body section, thus the background logo seems to drop off the bottom of the screen - which isn't the desirable effect unless the content goes that far down.

I have tested on the Windows PC versions of Netscape 6.1, Opera 5 and IE6 so far, other browser opinions would be appreaciated.

Plus there's still only the front page for the moment - soon there will be more [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanx for comments [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Michael Ward
    IP

Michael,

I get nothing but a 404 ...

Wolfgang
    IP

I was having a prob with the server last night. but it should be working fine now.

I did post a new temp address in the Xara forum (where I also posted) but I forgot to update this one [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Michael Ward
    IP