Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Poll question

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Its me yet again,

These are some of the pictures I chose for their backgrounds/effects.

The DESTINEAL cover has hime pouring champange bottles and other items from his hands with a blue substance with sparkles in front of a city background, I think.

JUVENILE has his cover with (look at his name in the arch-shaped text with two textures) his bottom image looking as if he's standing over a pit of fire and has the illusion of the light reflecting off of him and women posing on a banaster behind him. His second image is a close-up shaded in orange. Also there is more fire, a brown texture like background and a light behind him.

C-MURDER's right pant leg appears to be rotting away revealing that his leg has also rotted away leaving the bone. His shoe gives the effect that it has rotted in half. Also there's the bird on his skeleton hand and the spider's web behind him.

2LIVE CREW looks like they are in a drop top limo surround by camera crews and admires while they chill in the hot tub with a theater in the background and the shadows of another crowd (Also look at the way the text appears to be rounded to fit the shape of the billboard).

Sorry about bugging you all. I just had to show some of the examples of what I meant in case anyone didn't feel like looking through that website's images. Again, if you know what software was used to create these images PLEASE, PLEASE, let me know! Thank you guys SOO much for all your time. I REALLY appreaciate it. Take care. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

RJ Swift
    (e-mail: mmpact2@hotmail.com)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3D-EXAMPLES-_2.gif 
Views:	442 
Size:	231.9 KB 
ID:	11030  

Its me yet again,

These are some of the pictures I chose for their backgrounds/effects.

The DESTINEAL cover has hime pouring champange bottles and other items from his hands with a blue substance with sparkles in front of a city background, I think.

JUVENILE has his cover with (look at his name in the arch-shaped text with two textures) his bottom image looking as if he's standing over a pit of fire and has the illusion of the light reflecting off of him and women posing on a banaster behind him. His second image is a close-up shaded in orange. Also there is more fire, a brown texture like background and a light behind him.

C-MURDER's right pant leg appears to be rotting away revealing that his leg has also rotted away leaving the bone. His shoe gives the effect that it has rotted in half. Also there's the bird on his skeleton hand and the spider's web behind him.

2LIVE CREW looks like they are in a drop top limo surround by camera crews and admires while they chill in the hot tub with a theater in the background and the shadows of another crowd (Also look at the way the text appears to be rounded to fit the shape of the billboard).

Sorry about bugging you all. I just had to show some of the examples of what I meant in case anyone didn't feel like looking through that website's images. Again, if you know what software was used to create these images PLEASE, PLEASE, let me know! Thank you guys SOO much for all your time. I REALLY appreaciate it. Take care. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

RJ Swift
    (e-mail: mmpact2@hotmail.com)

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

I would do it with Xara X. It's simple, requires just a few hours.

Of course you can use any 3D app as well - Cinema 4D would be perfect, but it'll need more time.

In Xara X you have total control over the textures with the fractals to generate the diamond look.

My humble opinion ;-}

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

I think jens is right [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ...it looks to me like a bitmap program for the photos and a vector program for the lettering.

The diamond lettering may actually be a picture of diamonds made into a texture and just filled into the lettering.For the double texture area you just make separate selections and fill each with a different texture [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] .I would also say the same artist had made all these images as they all have a simlar style to them.

Stu.

I would go to a music store and look at the CD's in question. You may have to purchase the CD, to see the booklet. See if you can find credit given for the artist ("cover art by", etc.). Research that person online. If they do alot of regular jobs for these CD's, you may be able to find bio's, information on them, and, maybe (just maybe) some reference to the software they use.

It's a long shot, but I'd try it!
    Otherwise, many programs could achieve this effect, as the others have noted.

Hope this helps,
    Brett

Hey, guys..

Jen's.. I have never seen anything done on Xara X. Will it do the job for the shaped multi-layered text or the image minulation?? I've actually tried a text progam called Xara 3D for text but it fell FAR short of what I was trying to acheive. It only allowed me to apply only one texture to my text. Speaking of Cinema 4D, I've seen some work done in it and it is VERY impressive with enviroment-based images. As far as text, I haven't seen anything. Your input is greatly appreciated, thanks. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Kiwi, I'm not at all familiar with "vector". Know of any tutorials or other info on vector based text?? You're probably right, though. The multi-textured 3D type are probably photos. I would prefer a text program that I could use my own photos as textures. Like I said in Jen's reply. I can't seem to find a text program that I CAN apply more than one texture too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Oh, and yes, all the images that I uploaded are done by the same company, I'm not sure how many artists are working for them. Thanks so much for your imput, also. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Brett, I have some of these CDs in my collection already. I tried to find infomation on Pen & Pixel Graphics by going to their website (look at my first post) and even calling them and inquiring on what software they use. I was told that they couldn't give out that info like that and that they used software that no one else had. As far as artists that are employed there, I don't know of even ONE of their names. But, yes, they do a LOT of work for record companies' CD releases. If I can find someone who works for P&PG, I'd be more than happy to ask them, thought they might not tell me. Thanks a lot for your suggestion. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Talk to you soon, guys. Thanks again.
    RJ [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Rj the fact that they tell you that they use software no one else has tells me that they use the same software EVERYONE else has.Dont take this the wrong way,but the work you have submtted by these guys is not extroidinary by any means,and most of the images even have a sort of not quite finished look to them,I am not saying they are crap but I dont think they are brilliant either.Look for other artists work and balance up these peoples work with other artists and I think you will see that with time and perserverance yourself and software that you know and understand that you will be able to create better work then you see them doing now,this is however just my opinion [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]........it never hurts to aim a bit higher [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Check out these sites

http://www.highend3d.com/

http://www.amazonsoul.com/

http://raph.com/3dartists/

http://www.jackals-forge.com/

Cheers

Stu.

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

RJ,

here are some samples made in a few minutes with Xara X. To test the software, go to http://www.xara.com and download the eval.

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	textsample01.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	10489  
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Hello RJ, As the other folks have said, The Images you have posted can be made using 3 programs, Vector, bitmap and scanning software. The Text shaping is best done with a vector graphics program like Xara or Corel Draw. To create the special effects combine techniques from bitmap and vector graphics software into one image and create the collage. I would say that with Xara, photoshop, and some creative thinking that you would have all the tools necessary to create these images or anything else you could imagine, add some 3d software into the picture and you can go nuts, but it takes a bit of practice.

best wishes
    Mike

As far as which vector graphics program to use? I think a picture is worth a thousand words, 2 programs are represented in this image, can you guess which object represents Corel Draw ?