Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

To whom it may concern,

My company, Syndicate Pictures, a Film and Video Production company, is having a competition to look for a new logo. We're offering US $500 for the winning prize. All the details can be found here:

http://www.syndicatepictures.com/newlogo/

To whom it may concern,

My company, Syndicate Pictures, a Film and Video Production company, is having a competition to look for a new logo. We're offering US $500 for the winning prize. All the details can be found here:

http://www.syndicatepictures.com/newlogo/

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Listen splogo,

I've checked your site and can't get rid of the feelding that you want to get the logo for free because you said something like 'before we pay we want a hi res version'. Haha. A jpeg @ 640 x 480 should be fine to ok the work and to transfer the funds. Anything else is bullshit.

I don't think you'll ever pay as soon as you will have the full blown pic. Oh yes, you need to see the details, so our guys will enjoy to paste a hughe copyright sticker with a 50% translucency above the picture to ensure you won't mess around with it.

Besided this: if you really want a logo, pay for it. You offer stinks. Go to to XARA X forum and ask them - they will tear you into pieces.

20 hours @ US$ 60 = US$ 1.200 minimum.

Anything less is not serious.

OK guys, I've warned you. If you should consider it, ask about the transfer of the funds before you even touch your mouse, ok?

Don't waste your time on paperwork or worthless contracts.

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

I second Jens' remarks. And no serious company should ask designers to do a logo for less than $1000.

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Splogo - I assume the point of having a 'competition' is to get a variety of quality options that you can pick from. Going to one firm and forking over a couple of thousand bucks likely wouldn't produce as many options and the quality could be hit or miss.

Am I right? (I suspect I am but I rather doubt you'll ever even be back here to answer the question).

Now given that you are betting your money that the 'competition' approach is going to provide you something better than the traditional approach of hiring a designer - why not do it right? Offer a prize of, say, $5000 and you'll get the interest of more and better designers. Make it worth their effort. Make the potential reward offset the 'risk' you are asking of them. That would likely be far less costly to you than most in the film industry pay for logos.

Your current prize suggests you think designers are a bunch of starving artists anxious to work for you for no remuneration but a bit of hope. If 20 people submit designs and on average they each did $400 worth of work - then your $500 gets you $8000 worth of creative effort. My point is why be so cheap. If you want a competition, do it right.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Hello, I checked out your site, if what you say about your company is true you should be able to produce your own logo. I know a few folks who are in the film industry, money flows through their hands like water in a river, I could retire on 1% of what they waste. These folks play craps with $500.00 chips, you offer one crap shot as a prize to try to get people to work for free. Most of the folks on this site are very helpful if you had posted your logo design and asked for help you probably would have gotten help. The way I see it, according to your web site you claim to have effective advertising and package design skills that sell products other folks produce. Excerpt "We help our clients develop and produce eye-catching and effective packaging design." WELL! Apparently you are having trouble getting your own package designed, Do you have a contest for every job you do? Maybe, its all crap?

Regards
    MB
    Moderator at large

Hey! Wait! $500.** USD = $807.75 in Canadian loonies! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] hmmm... hehehee [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

My my... is it just ME... or is the air in here really thick! hahaa

I guess there's nothing left for me to add... you guys have gleened all the remarks already. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I don't think this fella expected to find a lot of working professionals at this board. Guess he lucked out huh?! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Ok... NOW i'm just babbling... cyas!

Pfew...if he sends me the money, I promise I'll think about making something... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

Here's a quote from the Austrian Chamber of Commerce's handbook for Graphics Designers and Advertisers.

These are the suggested MINIMUM wages for Logo-Design. I convert it to $US for your convenience:

Logo Design:
    (Included is ONE copy on film or disc. It does include the rights for using the logo, but not the rights for changing it)

Usage Price
    local USD 1.200,--
    regional USD 1.430,--
    national USD 4.400,--
    international USD 7.100,-- (Internet IS international)

If you ask an agency for a draft or samples, but then decide not to order the logo, you are required to refund the amount of work needed for the samples/draft.
    The suggested charge for this is the price for the actual hours needed to produce the draft, but no less than USD 450,--

As I said, these are the suggested minimum wages. If you already have a 'name' and reputation you will very likely charge more for it.

What you try here is simply a ripoff. I do believe that you will pay the one lucky guy who delivers your logo. But do 500 bucks make a real designer happy ???
    Come on ...

Maybe Gary Priester will do it. I hear he is a close friend of the Fontman ...

Wolfgang

A $500 logo for a Film and Video production company.

Pathetic.

Just remember, you get what you pay for.

Danny Huff
    http://www.asherrocks.com
    (I'm the guy who USED to have a lot of excess hair)