Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Uploads

I have a potential client who needs a web site with some back-end features. For the most part, it's fairly simple. I would build it with Cold Fusion and it would connect to a SQL database. To display the info is the easy part but this client needs a way to populate the database through an upload. He receives the inventory info in .csv format and (understandably) he doesn't want to have to input this info by hand. Is this something that can be done with Cold Fusion or is it something different all together? Any insight will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    IP

I have a potential client who needs a web site with some back-end features. For the most part, it's fairly simple. I would build it with Cold Fusion and it would connect to a SQL database. To display the info is the easy part but this client needs a way to populate the database through an upload. He receives the inventory info in .csv format and (understandably) he doesn't want to have to input this info by hand. Is this something that can be done with Cold Fusion or is it something different all together? Any insight will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    IP