Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thanks everyone for their help. I think the image has definitly(sp?) improved with your comments.

Let me know how you like the last version (for now anyway). It is time to move on. I have learn alot from doing this. Maybe after I finish Gary's photoshop book, I might try to add some more details.

Changes:
    1) Toned down the lighthouse lights.
    2) Lowered the boat deeper into the water. (still needs to go a little lower)
    3) Change the texture on the rock/land that the lighthouse sits on. Also tried to paint some grass.
    4) Tried to clean up horizon.

Thanks
    Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lighthouse7_3.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	18357  

Thanks everyone for their help. I think the image has definitly(sp?) improved with your comments.

Let me know how you like the last version (for now anyway). It is time to move on. I have learn alot from doing this. Maybe after I finish Gary's photoshop book, I might try to add some more details.

Changes:
    1) Toned down the lighthouse lights.
    2) Lowered the boat deeper into the water. (still needs to go a little lower)
    3) Change the texture on the rock/land that the lighthouse sits on. Also tried to paint some grass.
    4) Tried to clean up horizon.

Thanks
    Randy

Looks great Randy!

My only comment (as far as what I see could be improved/changed) is that the light wouldn't be visible without some atmospheric precipitation (like...fog [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ). In the final version, it's almost as though the lighthouse was emmitting fog WITH the light. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Awsome! But yea, I would have to agree, maybe some atmospheric fog/mist and a little toned down lights! Other than that, great image!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

I think this version is a great improvement on your first version Randy... very nice work.

Ya... there's a few tiny things that could be tweaked out... but you've already improved the most obvious and time consuming aspects of it.

So... good patients, and good work. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Looks great! The little thing I'd like to see is for the ship to have a few lamps. On deck, sailing ships had oil lamps.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

I think this image represents what makes this group so useful. An original, very nice "draft" image was posted, commented on, improved, posted again, commented on again (without any overly negative, non-constructive criticism) and the final image is greatly improved.

Very nice work, and, I think, a credit to this group. Trust me, not all groups are like this. I consider myself lucky to be a (small) part of it, as should all of you.

Brett

very nice randy

Sharon P.
    www.fischerpassmoredesign.com