Hello Bruce!

Finally indeed! I'm glad you finally registered!

But I do understand why someone might hesitate. I watched the more adventurous Xarans for a while (all of two days) before I decided to register and join in. (For those who are really new, the Xara Forum was the first to get moved to the InfoPoP, Open Topic site-- they were kind of the guinea pigs [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ).

I did a lot of Lurking in the former Painter Forum before now. I would only materialize if I had a desperate question. I even lurked back when I-US was CorelNet.

I remember in the earlier I-US Painter forum, it used to be so very robust. . .

Thank you for the encouraging comment on my posting. I hope I can maintain that level of helpfulness. Feel free to pick up any slack [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] (man, am I generous or what?) Painter is so different. It can be pretty overwhelming. If you see that I or someone else missed something -- go ahead and tell us -- I know I won't mind.

And as for posting images, Currently there is The Gallery here in the forums -- where we can post images for all to see. The squeamish part of me says "that's so public" But I could also see an argument for the visitor's experience where a "balkanization" of the galleries could be inconvenient (could you imagine having to go to each programs' separate galleries to see all the neat stuff?). As a visitor, it is so much easier to look at a whole list of images to view at once. Besides, posting images in The Gallery gives your image more opportunity to be viewed by more people.

But if this forum takes the direction of teaching each other, then you can't help but use images, now can you? (as you said, those pictures are worth 1000 words [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

We'll see what develops, but for the meantime, post a new topic for each image in The Gallery or here. (max size 300 KB)

I look forward to seeing what shows up!

Athena
[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by T. Athena Hatton on September 05, 2000 at 09:08 AM.]