Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have a menu with primary buttons (no content) some of which that have sub menu buttons. When someone clicks on the primary button, it launches a page with an error that it is unavailable.

There is NOTHING in the URL or Target Frame, but it continues to be clickable, which it shouldn't be. Am using MM 1.0. Problem viewable at Mugu Crows . Go to any one of the buttons that have drop down menus. Thanks.

I have a menu with primary buttons (no content) some of which that have sub menu buttons. When someone clicks on the primary button, it launches a page with an error that it is unavailable.

There is NOTHING in the URL or Target Frame, but it continues to be clickable, which it shouldn't be. Am using MM 1.0. Problem viewable at Mugu Crows . Go to any one of the buttons that have drop down menus. Thanks.

I can see you have resolved this problem.

If a button is not linked to any address then you should ensure that target field for the particular button is left blank (no value is inserted into this field)

This will prevent a new window from opening when clicking on the button

That's the way it's supposed to work, but doesn't. There has never been anything in the primary button Target Field, but Menu Maker continues to insert this erroneous Javascript coding, which launches a bad page every time there is any modification to the button.

My husband, who is a programmer, showed me how to edit the menubar.js file in WordPad and hand-delete the erroneous Javascript coding. It's a pain in the butt to have to do this every time there is a change to the buttons, but it does work.

I'm getting disenchanted with MenuBar because of this glitch, but not being a graphic designer or a programmer, must rely on programs like this to do a web site.