Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSP 6 vs. PSP 7

Well, maybe I'm making a mistake somewhere...

Here's what : I'm using PSP for skinning models in some 3D shooter game. The skin is used with a PNG image that has an Alpha channel for reflective effects in the 3D-engine of the game...

Looks like PSP7 does not recognize the Alpha channel where PSP6 WAS OK !!!

F.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    IP

Furbawl,

What you seem to be saying is that you feel every program should work the same as PhotoShop.

Then why would we need more than one program? Adobe and JASC are competitors. Why would JASC decide to use PS settings in their program?
    IP

For the price, PSP can't be beat!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Carolyn
    IP

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] My apologies, Andy - and to the rest of you guys who appreciate PSP - I didn't mean to ruffle this board's feathers. All I was saying (and I might've got sidetracked in the process...again, my apologies) keyboard shortcuts similar to PhotoShop (or the option of selecting Adobe, Macromedia, Corel or PSP shortcut commands from the Preferences menu a'la Macromedia [not sure if PSP is supported]) would've been a handy-dandy feature. Jasc has packed oh-so-many image-editing tools into one package, surely their programmers could've added the keyboard option.

Would've. Could've. Might've. Didn't.

Maybe in the next upgrade perhaps? That would be great.

That said, maybe Adobe should in turn add a keyboard shortcut selection feature to their preferences to include Macromedia, Corel and PSP. Seems fair to me.

Okay, I've had my say. I've put my PSP grievances on the table. I appreciate everyone’s views (yes, even the sarcastic ones). I’m ready to move on. Who’s with me? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP