Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Poll question

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anyone who can help me. Thanks.

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

RJ,
    I've read your posts throughout these forums over the last week or so, and it appears to me that you're looking for a program that will do what you tell it to do like a genie. It doesn't exist.

Many programs, from Adobe, Ulead, Xara, Corel, etc. have the features necessary to produce the text effects you have fallen in love with. However, just downloading a demo and playing with it for a few hours will not make you a master graphic guru.

The people that design those covers probably have years of experience in art and layout. They have probably been using the programs for quite some time, knowing tricks and techniques that aren't in the 'Help" files. Many special effects are done using plug-ins from other companies, not just off-the-shelf applications. They know their programs, that's how they make them perform!

Throughout these forums, for any of the software, there are amazing graphics being produced, stuff that leaves me speechless, with an occasional piece of crap for balance. The beautiful thing is that most of these artists that participate are more than willing to give advice, write tutorials, and show what they know to people like us. Give yourself the opportunity to learn from these people, and put in the time to master one or two of these graphic software apps. Then, once you've figured out a few tricks of your own, you can create the next "killer graphic" that everybody else wants to know how to do, and you can share it with them here!

Toograffic- peace!

<font size=3 color="#0055ff" face="Tahoma">Gary V.</font>

<font size="-2" face="Verdana" color="red">The more I learn, the more ignorant I feel.</font>
    "I'm not an artist, but I play one on the internet!"
    IP

yup, it sure does take a bit to learn any app that is worth it weight in bytes...

Cool 3D is one of those small but very handy apps that gets better every time ya use it, which can also be said for most any good product out there.

Take Photo Impact for instance...two years in and I am still amazed by the depth of this app...now if only I had the same depth...lol

Keep going there RJ, art isn't going to vanish anytime soon [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

Hey guys,

Toographic, you are indeed right. Your opinion is much appreciated, too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Ulead Cool 3D, however, is still not what I'm looking for. I know this not from tinkering with it in a few hours. I was a few minutes! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] But, really, though it didn't take me long, I still know and would bet that you wouldn't be able to acheive the shapes and styles that I was inquring about with Ulead 3D. I like the program but, it (and Xara 3D) is not for what I want to do. Though I know of what you are saying since I was not born yesterday. But, I finally found software that does the type of effects that I am looking for thanks to the good people of the forums.

Gigit, Photoimpact is a COOL peice of software! I love it! AND it export/saves in .PSD!! It kicks butt!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] It even does the arch-like shape that I want when I use the horizonatal deforming when I open a new document, click the text tool, and type my text. I can deform text in PI and open in Photoshop. I can even open some my Photoshop documents in PI (even though my PS effects don't show up in PI, but that's cool). Oh, yeah, I figured out that text problem, too. Sorry I didn't get back to ya' and I thanks you VERY much for replying to me. Thanks for the advice, and as usual, thanks for the cool sense of humor where some people get a little testy. Thanks, pal. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Take care ok?
    RJ

Gigit, Thanks for the advice. You
    IP