Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Poll question

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anyone who can help me. Thanks.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a text program that kicks but. I've been told to try a few programs and ULEAD Cool 3D was one of them. What I am wondering is HOW GOOD is it?? I've posted in another gallery of what I wanted to acheive in a text program and I want to post it for you and you all could tell me if you think UC3D can "cut the mustard" so to speak. These examples are from a 3D design company. Please let me know what you think. Also, if you think there is a text software which is BETTER, please by all means, let me know. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Thanks for listenin'.

These images (and a few more) are described in the "3D Graphics" forum also.

Take care.
    IP

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a text program that kicks but. I've been told to try a few programs and ULEAD Cool 3D was one of them. What I am wondering is HOW GOOD is it?? I've posted in another gallery of what I wanted to acheive in a text program and I want to post it for you and you all could tell me if you think UC3D can "cut the mustard" so to speak. These examples are from a 3D design company. Please let me know what you think. Also, if you think there is a text software which is BETTER, please by all means, let me know. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Thanks for listenin'.

These images (and a few more) are described in the "3D Graphics" forum also.

Take care.
    IP

Sure, you could do that in c3d. Why don't you download and try it?

http://www.photoimpactzone.com
    IP

I have both Cool 3D and Xara 3D. Both programs are good. C3D has a path editor in which you can create shapes in the program and you do not have to go outside it. There is bunch of effects or stamps which Xara 3D does not have. I vote for Cool 3D. Xara 3D is good for text and not much else. GT

www.georgetroycrafts.com
    IP

Kelly's chest puffs out a bit further...LOL
    Teasing ya Kelly... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

Hey,
    It's gets better yet about Cool 3D. It imports Illustrator 8 and below line drawings. You can even edit them in path editor. I have Illustrator 10. It does not save Al8. But Canvas 8 does. Of course you can export flash files and do animation. Encluded EnVector Module exports .swf flash files. This all pretty strong stuff. If you want a lost cost 3D program this it it.
    IP

Thanks for the validation, Geo, and the cheerleading, Gidget...;0)
    Seriously, C3D is, like most Ulead products, LOADED with features for the price. Go, Ulead..

http://www.photoimpactzone.com
    IP

Hello

I think Cool 3d is a hidden treasure

it is easy to use and it is easy to get carried away with it

Try it, i want regret it

It has a ready made effects
    You can save your finished file as template, change the text or any object with changing the effects and keyframes and many many more.....

My complaint it is slow, with some effects (blurr, Blast...)
    shoul have an easier timeplatte for keyframes
    IP

Sorry for my bad english, i lived for a 9 years in the US and i shoul do better

now my statements again in better english, hopefully

I think Cool 3d is a hidden treasure

it is easy to use and it is easy to get carried away with

Try it, You will not regret it

It has a ready made effects ( lots of them, you can alter them and modify to your taste)

You can save your finished file as template, Then reloading you template , you could change the text or any object without changing the effects and keyframes

you could animate texures, lights, ...etc

My complaints:
    It is kind of slow, with some effects (blurr, Blast...)
    should have an easier timeline for keyframing
    The global effects are great but you should have the choice to apply to all objects or choosen one's.
    IP

Hey AJ,

Well..... I tried Ulead Cool 3D. It was ok, though it didn't meet my expectations in the least. But it was ok. Thanks for your time, though. Take care.

RJ
    IP