Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still Life 0031

but i have a wondering questions here, is that means that i can not apply deformers or modifiers to an objects like in 3d max unless i have animation? what if i want to output a stand still image like the one posted.
    I hate reading help files, usually i look at them if i need some info, but tutorials are short cut for understanding the app.
    thanks again for your reply

That's the way most of C4D's help files are constructed Aj - as tutorials, that walk you through using most of the program.

You do NOT have to create an animation in C4D Aj, to see the effects of a Deformer. When you move the animation time control slider forward a few frames, it starts the "life span" of the effect. Once started, you have by default 149 frames you can save out as "still life" images. And each of the 149 frames will contain a slightly different effect.

Here is an example of an image i just worked on. It contains the use of a "partical stream emitter" to create a swarm of lights (from just one light). This shows you a working model of what i just explained above. In these images i moved the scene ahead to frame 79, then Rendered, and saved it out.

The thread is called "Just a practise piece guys". Here's a link to it: Just a practise piece guys

Aj, here are some of the places i go to for C4D info:

Maxon's Tutorials List

c4d.co.uk resources

Deep Shade

Storm Vision 3D

Renderosity

Computer Arts Magazine (Excellent Site)

Some of these sites contain links to other sites also.

[This message was edited by Mark (theKeeper) on September 16, 2001 at 02:19.]

Aj I dont have animation tools in my copy of Cinema,so if I find a deformation tool like bend or warp is not working after I have chucked my object on it then I take it out of the null again and try chucking the deformer on the object,some of them deform backwards,and my memory is not good,so if I dont get the deformation I am looking for I try reversing the process like Mark suggested [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cheers

Stu

Remarkable piece, Ron.

Hey, you're Canadian. Why'd you use american money? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Seriosly, the piece is brilliant, and if anyone has American coinage on Monday morning, buy:

Microsoft
    IBM
    Cisco
    Home Depot
    General Electric

...they all helped in the WTC disaster, and it would 1.) be a vote of thanks, and 2.) the stock will only go up. Watch and see.

My Best,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

Thanks very much to all for your comments.

Regarding the choice of currency. I'd been expecting the question to come up ever since I'd made the choice to use American bills and coins. I actually have 20-25 scans, front and back, of worldwide currency but decided to use the "greenback" because it's almost instantly recognizable. I wanted the viewers eyes to move through the image easily discovering everything that I'd added to the scene. I didn't want him/her to get hung up on a single element while trying to decipher where it came from. Texture, color contrast, lighting and the flow of the image were most important to me while I created the piece.

Thanks again...

Ron Pfister
    http://www.imaginationmagic.com

Another great image Ron! I love the netting! The fruit look very realistic also.

--Randy

I will try to read the help file and follow the tutorials.
    Is it easier and faster than 3D Max ? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Aj... which do you mean...?

The program... or the Help Files?