Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still Life 0031

Working on this Still Life gave me the opportunity to work with glass, fabric, Bones and real world textures. It was created using Cinema4DXL7.1 over a period of 3-4 weeks.

Ron\

Ron Pfister
    http://www.imaginationmagic.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StillLife0031.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	2559  

Working on this Still Life gave me the opportunity to work with glass, fabric, Bones and real world textures. It was created using Cinema4DXL7.1 over a period of 3-4 weeks.

Ron\

Ron Pfister
    http://www.imaginationmagic.com

Ron excellent work [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I love the netting over the fruit [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cheers.

Stu.

Very nice work Ron. I too like the fabric a lot. All of your surfaces seem right on. The lighting is quite fitting.

I love how "pure" the whole thing looks.

Say... how tough was it to get the money textures (all of them) to look clean, and precise to their real world counterparts?

Just curious about that texturing procedure. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Beautiful image Ron! I love that jar!

When you say 'bones' - is that a modeling term? If so I'm not familiar with it. I looked to the image for an old turkey wishbone or something and don't see it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Turkey wishbone... lol. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Bones is a modeling term. Basically, you take your model and setup a virtual skeleton, with which you can manipulate (bend, etc) the object as though it had joints. I imagine the bones were used to fold the money into the shape that its in (without distorting the texture mapping).

I loved it, it has many artistics points.....
    I had download a demo Cinema v.7 and i tried it, but everytime i apply twist or bend or.... modifiers, i only see a surrounding box is being affected not the object itself and even when i render i do not see the effect, i tried many option settings, but no luck what i am doing wrong .
    is there is any site that has step by step tutorials for begginers that could help me. because Maxon site has tutorials but not for newbies.

The dollars looks nice but they look as if they are metal not paper (paper smoothness)
    i think so [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Aj,

The program's Help files explain how to use Deformers & Modifiers. You're most likely not dropping the object into the effector, or vice versa.

And as well... those functions/effects are meant for animation (i.e. the effect is seen over a time span). So in order to actually see any effect from them, once applied to an object, you need to advance the animtion ahead (scroll bar at the bottom of the window) to see the effect unfold.