Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EXPRESSION3

It seems that the japanese version of Expression3 is announced. Sorry for this site is in Japanese only, but the pictures illustrate some very interesting features : liquid effects are included (gel, metal, ...), some deformation tools inside bitmaps like in Goo and more...

expression3

It seems that the japanese version of Expression3 is announced. Sorry for this site is in Japanese only, but the pictures illustrate some very interesting features : liquid effects are included (gel, metal, ...), some deformation tools inside bitmaps like in Goo and more...

expression3

I have expression2 .... I'm downloading this now to see if I can manage using it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com

haha, just when I was about to say... "Bet Dave is gonna love this news"... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Do let us know what your take is eh Dave...

It wouldn't install on my computer ... got an error in Japanese near the end of the installation [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

I've written to my Kontakt at CreatureHouse, Irene, and asked when the English version is coming. No info on their homepage as far as I could see!

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

The english page now have the info, and you can download the trial : link from creaturehouse.com

Very good news about the .png export with alpha channel : now it works perfectly and the result can be imported in Xara X with best results.

Nevertheless, concerning .ai export and the "objects/unstructure" function inside the program the news are not so nice. The latest update of E2 allready changed unstructured objects outlines into only short straight lines instead of the nice and smart curves present in E1 and the CD version of E2, ...and E3 repeats this bad solution.
    Thus if you want to import these unstructured objects into Xara X and bevel or contour them, you will have to smooth them before otherwise Xara X gives weird results (often the shapes disappear).

ivan

I downloaded it . 2 good improvements are the ability to use a bitmap fill (not just using a clipper path shape on top of a bitmap). The other is you can give a shape a soft edge which has a fill other than solid. Anyway I just used it a bit but looks better than v.2 just in those improvements alone.

A pricey upgrade, but it is a good program...

Enter the PhotoimpactZone!