Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

don't create objects with bevels, shadows or brushstrokes and it will be fine. On the other hand, I add MANY bevels to allot of my objects and would like it if Xara Ltd. updated Flare to include at least this. Maybe the shadows too!!!

Just my input.

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RAMWolff:
    don't create objects with bevels, shadows or brushstrokes and it will be fine.
    RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then we'd be as primitive and limited as Flash and KoolMoves itself! Which would defeat the who'll purpose of having a .xar spec!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

I'm not sure what you mean by that comment about KoolMoves being "primitive". Was that a condescending remark or was there another meaning to how you worded that??

RAMWolff
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by RAMWolff on January 26, 2002 at 21:56.]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Steve:

My effort in all this is to be able to import Xara images into KoolMoves, a Flash knock off but at less then a tenth of the cost. I do not want to diminish or limit the output of Xara in any way but, in fact, extend it even more. The author of KoolMoves has expressed some interest.

It seems Xara Ltd. saw some value in this as well when they started to work on the “Flare” project to make Flash like files as well but no longer appear to be working in that area.

It turns out the .swf (Flash) format is much more limited than Xara’s output (most others seem to be as well) but the major advantage of .swf is small animation files with sound capabilities and world wide acceptance! This is of great interest to me.

I know many people here use Xara for images that tend towards photo realism and I’m always stunned by how wonderful they are. When ever I try doing something like that I end up drawing a cartoon which I then want to animate! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Xara is big enough to handle both and much more, it is to that end that I make this effort.

Bob C.

There was a time, a few years back, that Xara was "primitive" in it's abilities as well. In the computer industry, graphics focused on here, we are in our "infancy" trying together to bring the viability of certain software levels up to standards that MANY would find attractive. If we all chose to ignore this 2 things would happen. 1) the existing applications would HAVE to add in the features and thus become BLOATWARE. 2) The features would not be added at all, thus we all remain "primitive" or in our "infancy". Never moving forward in quest for more realistic graphics and animation's.

We are a visual race, this is important to most of us on one level or the other. Those that are involved with this process (designers, artists, ect.....) need new ideas and, yes, software, that excites us and gives us variables to play with. Yes you can animate in Xara, but KoolMoves offers a different approach, one I am interested in, as are others.

HONESTLY: I wouldn't have anything to do with Xara before XaraX. I used Corel Draw and PhotoPaint exclusively. XaraX proved that it was capable of fulfilling my vector needs and curiosities leaving Corel Draw behind. I still use PhotoPaint and am thankful that XaraX has not become bloatware. The same can be said for the 'infant' KoolMoves. They are just getting off the ground, they need POSITIVE support and many find the application useful.

So why such a negative sounding comment??? Considering we all are 'evolved primitives', why not say it's in it's 'infancy' and give it a chance to prove it self. Who knows, couple of years from now you might be using it too and enjoying what it does for you and your creativity. Maybe not! Time will tell!!

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by RAMWolff on January 27, 2002 at 09:39.]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My idea is not about flare format or not.

Only I find that could be very interesting if KoolMoves could import a file containing a blend from Xara and change it into a Flash animation, or if it could import a serie of layers from Xara and change this serie into a Flash animation. That could be a very positive first step and I don't ask that KoolMoves imports all the extraordinary Xara X features.

Let Xara and KoolMoves imaginate what they could do toghether.

Kindly,
    ivan