Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eps export

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] Does anyone know how to export to illustrator.eps file in xara x?
    When i select 'Adobe illustrator (*.ai*.eps)' from the export dropdown list the saved image has the file extension .ai. I need .eps. How do i get illustrator.eps.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] Does anyone know how to export to illustrator.eps file in xara x?
    When i select 'Adobe illustrator (*.ai*.eps)' from the export dropdown list the saved image has the file extension .ai. I need .eps. How do i get illustrator.eps.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

...just change the extension. No doubt you'll have a spplementary question!

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

That can't be right can it? If i could do that i could change the extension of any file and pretend it's something else. Surely not! I'm totally confused [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I notice your a moderator and must know what your talking about. I hope. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Any other offers on the subject?

Hello

Basic Illustrator eps and ai are essentially the same. Renaming one for the other quite often solves the problem.

It is the other levels of Illustrator that have various differences, some of which are mutually
    compatible and others that are not.

It can be a minefield and really depends on what you are trying to do.

Mike Engles

The file is the correct version (or the best Xara can manage) but it has the wrong ending. Your supplementary question will be along the lines "Why doesn't the file look right in Illustrator?"

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

Sean your a mind reader it seems you know what i'm gonna say next. I don't have illustrator, but i have imported the saved ilustrator.ai image back into xara and it looks a mess. What good is that to my client? I'm really disappointed and i don't know what to do.

Also I don't know how to rename the file extension to .eps. I was thinking it would be straight forward like when you change the name of a file. So how do you change the file extension anyway?

Anyway thanks for putting up with me. I'm a bit stressed:-/

just go to the folder where you saved your .ai file. Select it, clicking once, then click the right button of the mouse and a pop-up dialog appears. Choose "change name" at the bottom, and change the ai to eps. That's it.

Alternatively, click left button on the file name, release and click once again. The name will blink. Now you can type the new extension. Delete ai and type eps.

have luck.

-------------------------
    Joan M. Mas
    TypePhases: Dingbats and Fonts for yer computor!
    http://inicia.es/de/jmas
    Joan M. Mas
    TypePhases: Dingbats and Fonts for yer computor!
    http://inicia.es/de/jmas

Before you are able do what Joan pointed out, you need to be able to see the file extensions. If you can't see them:

Go to Start/settings/Folder Options/View (tab) then turn off (deselect) "hide file extensons..."

Bob C.

Do your file names display as 'myjpeg.jpg', 'myxarafile.xar' etc?

Make sure you haven't got 'Hide file extensions for known file types' checked in your 'Folder Options'.

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	folder.png 
Views:	387 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	13729