Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I’m involved in a discussion (actually started by RAMWolff) with the author of KoolMoves in the Flash Kit/KoolMoves forum about importing XaraX files directly into KoolMoves.

He asked me the question : “Is there a published spec for .xar files?” Does anyone here know of or have information that might be available to help this happen? WOW!!

Is that kind of information something Xara Ltd. wants to share? It would seem the more compatible Xara is, the more exposure it would have.

Bob C.

I’m involved in a discussion (actually started by RAMWolff) with the author of KoolMoves in the Flash Kit/KoolMoves forum about importing XaraX files directly into KoolMoves.

He asked me the question : “Is there a published spec for .xar files?” Does anyone here know of or have information that might be available to help this happen? WOW!!

Is that kind of information something Xara Ltd. wants to share? It would seem the more compatible Xara is, the more exposure it would have.

Bob C.

Lil ole' ME???

You know I only have the best interest of my favorite vector application in mind.

Gary, Ross, Ivan, Egg??? Any info here??? Let's make this happen. Xara Ltd.?? You want the word out more about your wonderful application? This is a sister app. that would bring in more buisness and vice versa for KoolMoves. I would love to see the .xar and .X3D files available in KoolMoves. You can already import swf files, so let's even the score and have the ability to import .xar and X3D files into KoolMoves. The possibilities are endless with this combo!!!

Let's make this happen folks. Votes?? Yea or Nay?

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

PS: We get XaraX, KoolMoves, SSpline and Fusion MX all working together, there wouldn't be a better solution out there for a complete vector/web page publishing suite in the whole world!!! That's HOT!!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

There used to be published and documented specs for the .WEB format on the xara.com site. I don't know if it's still there, norr how the WEB format differs from the XAR format - but it could be worth checking into, eh? I agree that full disclosure of the XAR format would be good!

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

The format was called Flare and it indeed is still there. The URL is http://www.xara.com/support/docs/web.../Overview.html

Thanks for the effort.

I shall submit the information supplied and report any progress or conclusions, if any.

Bob C.

Hold off on submitting the Flare format to Koolmoves. We aren't continuing with support on it at the moment, so it won't get them any farther on supporting .xar or .x3d files.

I'll pass this discussion on to the rest of Xara and see if we can't find a solution.

T

I seem to have been slightly mistaken in my comments regarding Flare.

If KoolMoves implements the Flare format, it would allow the import of .xar files. The only problem is that features such as the bevels, shadows, and brush strokes would not be supported.

On the other hand, implementing Flare import would get them about two-thirds of the way there.

Thanks for your rectification Thomas; I hope KoolMoves will take the opportunity to do that and drastically simplify the conversion of .xar files into Flash movies (using blend, or layers or anything else ???)

Kindly,
    ivan

Be collaborative, re-invent the Rose.