Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: An Idea

Ok guys, since I'm a little younger than you all and am not currently working for a graphics company, I need you guys to do a favor for me: give me an architectural design assignment. I am failing to come up with my own, so thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to turn to you. You each don't have to ive me a huge criterea, just build upon each other's ideas. Any little thing will help. Not the best at this, but what better way to learn than by doing it? Your response is GREATLY appreciated!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Ok guys, since I'm a little younger than you all and am not currently working for a graphics company, I need you guys to do a favor for me: give me an architectural design assignment. I am failing to come up with my own, so thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to turn to you. You each don't have to ive me a huge criterea, just build upon each other's ideas. Any little thing will help. Not the best at this, but what better way to learn than by doing it? Your response is GREATLY appreciated!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

No Problem! The first thing that comes to mind is to draw some famous architectural landmark. Such a project could be a great portfolio piece. Because famous buildings are famous [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] people who see your piece will be able to see how well you've represented it. (If your image sucks - don't show anyone. Remember those words of wisdom).

For a reasonably good source of photos you can use as reference material try this website. Here's an example of the kind of thing I'm thinking you could draw. The pic is from the website I linked to above. Although this building isn't really-really famous, it would make a nice drawing.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on April 21, 2001 at 06:15 AM.]

Hey Ross, thanks a lot! I really like the picture, very challenging and has a lot of potential. I'll start on it right away. Oh, and by the way, very smart words to live by! I always waite a few days after I've finished something to take a look at it, leave, come back with a fresh mind, see if anythings missing, leave, come back, etc., etc. On my last one, just as I was getting ready to post it, I realized I had forgotten the rear-view mirrors (NinjaZX-12R)! ANYway, thanks a lot fo the help, I'll try to make it not "suck"! bye

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-