Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Guys i am still waiting for a solution with my problem. whom am i going to address this problem with? give me a direction and i will follow. i need to used XaraX and Xara3d for my next presentation project.There is a lot of Arabic titles, i can not go to CorelDraw-type the text-convert to curves-import into xara, can you imagin how many slide title i have, plus what if they want to change the title for something else ( always the case). So PLZ guys show me the way or whom i am going to talk to ( the right person)
    Note: XaraX is demo version ( I am testing the Apps, if they can not allows arabic text, [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] i guess i am not going to by it.
    Note: i think if i solve XaraX then it will be the same in Xara3d or vice versa, because they have the same result when typing Arabic.
    I tried all the proposed way, installinh EasyHeb did not help at all.

Guys i am still waiting for a solution with my problem. whom am i going to address this problem with? give me a direction and i will follow. i need to used XaraX and Xara3d for my next presentation project.There is a lot of Arabic titles, i can not go to CorelDraw-type the text-convert to curves-import into xara, can you imagin how many slide title i have, plus what if they want to change the title for something else ( always the case). So PLZ guys show me the way or whom i am going to talk to ( the right person)
    Note: XaraX is demo version ( I am testing the Apps, if they can not allows arabic text, [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] i guess i am not going to by it.
    Note: i think if i solve XaraX then it will be the same in Xara3d or vice versa, because they have the same result when typing Arabic.
    I tried all the proposed way, installinh EasyHeb did not help at all.

Any help yet?

Come on Font Pros, be compassionate, be merciful. I know it is not as simple as a character set, but this is an international forum. Surely someone can show this gentleman the straight path.
    Regards,,,,,,,,,,,,Tad

I dont know if this helps but I have WordPerfect9 and all the character sets it has are usable in XX and presumably in X3D. If you have anything similar it should appear in the fonts dropdown list. WordPerfect fonts start WP... Example below illustrated - I don't know what it says, hopefully not rude..
    Tony
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arabic.gif 
Views:	381 
Size:	2.3 KB 
ID:	12753  
    Tony

here is Xara 3D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arabic3d.gif 
Views:	391 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	3374  
    Tony

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

AjIs,

you need an Arabic font - install it, and you can use it in XARA X and 3D, and of course with all other applications as well.

I've seen some, but unfortunately I don't remember where :-((

jens
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Further to what I wrote above, If you already have your titles in corel draw, you can copy the text and paste it directly into xara x - click on the text icon and draw your text line in the normal way. Once pasted re-establish your arabic font in the normal way. The font I used was called WP Multinational ArabicScript Sihafa. I have tested it and it works.
    Tony
    Tony

Thanks Tony & Jay
    Of course i have an arabic fonts installed in my 2 pcs. This problem exists only with XaraX & Xara3d, that it type Arabic correctly but backward and not connected together. In Illustrator 9 , FreeHand 9 ,Fireworks4 and other graphics the Arabic fonts become junk, Arabic letters but no meanings, here i knew thos app. have no support for Arabic fonts.In CorelDraw8,9,10 and photopaint8,10, MSOffice(Excel, Winword, PowerPoint, and outlook( all versions ) are perfect with Arabic Fonts.
    Note: At work i have NT workstation and at home i have win98.
    Thanks Again

That is really weird - does that mean that the type should go from right to left? Excuse my ignorance in this matter. I don't expect Xaras very primitive text facilities would cater for this; drawing the text line right to left doesn't seem to help anyway.
    Tony
    Tony