Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi guys, i am working on a projector and would like to place a button that will connect the hosts computer to the internet and open a preset URL, can any one tell me if this is possible and the best way to achieve this task, thankyou all Dave.
    IP

Hi guys, i am working on a projector and would like to place a button that will connect the hosts computer to the internet and open a preset URL, can any one tell me if this is possible and the best way to achieve this task, thankyou all Dave.
    IP

Normally, by using the Get URL action, it will open the default browser and connect to the Internet depending on the connection settings.

Good luck,

Scott
    IP

Im Afraid this wont work with windows 2000 from my projector also a little untidy, i would like the button to offer the user the choice to connect and if he/she decides yes then it will go ahead and make the connection and launch the site required. I wonder will load movie work with some variables ? anyone, regards Dave.
    IP

No can do in Flash - unless you link it to an external application to do this. Flash doesn't grant control of the host operating system, so you can't control dial-up issues. The way to do this would be through Director - can't remember the name of the Xtra, but I think it's the DirectConnect Xtra that allows you to do this using Director. The good thing is that you can embed your Flash in the Director shell without much of a hassle.

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    <font face="arial" size="2">
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    Interactive Developer
    http://www.bluespark.com
    </font>
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO