Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey guys, I just happened to find this cool site today. Just wanted to let you guys know about the free VTM's (video training magazines) that you can order and have mailed to you or even just download if you have a good connection. (www.3dbuzz.com)
    They are great quality and make learning the programs very easy.

Right now there are VTM's for these programs:

3ds max
    Maya
    XSI
    Photoshop
    quake 3 level design
    Unreal tourny weapon design
    Houdini
    php & mysql (for web developement)
    and many others in the works including Lightwave, Zbrush, ut2k3 mod making and some other programming videos

I hope this doesn't come off as spam becuase it really isn't. These training videos are really great and even better since they are free. The only thing asked is that if you like them that you try to help spread the word about them...which is what I am doing here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]. www.3dbuzz.com

Hey guys, I just happened to find this cool site today. Just wanted to let you guys know about the free VTM's (video training magazines) that you can order and have mailed to you or even just download if you have a good connection. (www.3dbuzz.com)
    They are great quality and make learning the programs very easy.

Right now there are VTM's for these programs:

3ds max
    Maya
    XSI
    Photoshop
    quake 3 level design
    Unreal tourny weapon design
    Houdini
    php & mysql (for web developement)
    and many others in the works including Lightwave, Zbrush, ut2k3 mod making and some other programming videos

I hope this doesn't come off as spam becuase it really isn't. These training videos are really great and even better since they are free. The only thing asked is that if you like them that you try to help spread the word about them...which is what I am doing here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]. www.3dbuzz.com

Everybody, this is some really cool stuff. I have most of them, and there really is a lot of useful info on them. And they're not stiff and BORING, like a lot of other videos I've seen. They are done more casually, and Buzz and his groups of students are genuinely having a good time doing them.

Danny Huff
    http://www.asherrocks.com
    (I'm the guy who USED to have a lot of excess hair)

I have heard about these. As soon as they have one available for Lightwave, I'll be a little more interested. Now that I have cable access, downloading it won't be a problem. Hurry up on the Lightwave version, guys!

Brett

Yeah there are a lot of people looking forward to the Lightwave series. In fact BuZZ made a character rigging VTM for Lightwave for the next 3dworld magazine cover disc. Although it's not the amount of content the usual full VTM's have they (3dworld cover disc VTM's) are really great.

They are usually a bit more advanced than the 'regular' VTM's since the regular VTM's start from very beginner to advanced and it can take a couple months to get to the more advanced content.

Danny Huff, thanks for the confirmation. It's appreciated [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I just checked out the link and saw one of my favorite scenes from "The 5th Element", where Dallas Corbin buys Chinese take-out from a hovering junk.

AMAZING work. Check out the link, folks!
    www.3dbuzz.com

Gare

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

about Buzz's site- There are TONS of excellent tutorials there, and if you get any of the CD's, there's a fantastic search engine built right into them.

There are even job opportunities posted there. Good ones!

What a [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] site!

Danny Huff
    http://www.asherrocks.com
    (I'm the guy who USED to have a lot of excess hair)

Just wanted to update you guys with the new VTM's just released today.

The PHP & mysql #2 is up and ready for download.

Also, I have seen a few people that are interested in ZBrush and I am personaly excited about this one...Part of the ZBrush VTM #1 is up and BuZZ will add the new 'sections' as he completes them.

Here is a direct quote from him and the sections that are up and ready for download:

" Basically, every time I get a few minutes, I will be doing another video and adding it to the site. Currently there are 5 videos totaling a little over an hour and a half:

* Basic Overview of ZBrush
    * Painting Basics
    * Document Palette
    * ZScripts Palette
    * Layer Palette

The idea of the ZBrush VTMs is to simply help get people up and running with the application quickly."

I'm sure most of you guys already know where and how to get the zbrush demo but if not definitely check it out, it's a cool little program [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I hate to repeat my point from another thread, but the demo on pixelogic is for v 1.23. The current version is 1.5, and with it comes the new ZSpheres modelling method, which I'm dying to try. Any chance of a 1.5 demo anyone has heard of?

Brett

At the bottom of the screen is a button that if you click it, will step you through ZSpheres construction, at least the basics.

But everyone is indeed right...the "official" docs on the new version would not only be a godsend, but would probably be a good sales tool for Pixelogic as well.

My Best,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com