Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Tutorial

Does anyone know of a tutorial on how to create that glossy look on the top most image on this website. I know they did it in Photoshop and I wanna get it but it is so freaking expensive. I have the money to buy it but I'm not sure i wanna give up my savings (personal not college, haha). Should I buy it? I want it alot. But is it worth it? OK thanks.
    IP

Does anyone know of a tutorial on how to create that glossy look on the top most image on this website. I know they did it in Photoshop and I wanna get it but it is so freaking expensive. I have the money to buy it but I'm not sure i wanna give up my savings (personal not college, haha). Should I buy it? I want it alot. But is it worth it? OK thanks.
    IP

Paint Shop Pro 7.0 would be a much cheaper alternative to PhotoShop and will do the kind of thing you want. Do a search with google.com for the appropriate tutorial. PhotoShop tutorials should be a guide for PSP, too.

However, I suggest you also look at Xara X, which has a very active forum here on talkgraphics. Check out this tutorial for gel buttons at http://www.xaraxone.com/tutorials/apr01/. You can download a 30-day working copy of Xara X at www.xara.com.

Bob
    IP

Wilmington, NC USA and Daejeon, South Korea

Try New Dawn Micro

Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    IP

If you want to do professional print work, get Photoshop. If you want to do everything but... get Paint Shop Pro 7, and spent the $500 you just saved on a host of nifty plugins that will give you the effects you desire (and more) in the push of a button and a few sliders.

Or, keep the $500 for some other really nifty thing,(like a digital camera, which also works great in conjunction with PSP) and learn to do the effects sans plugins, in PSP. There's a million tutorials. Start at www.psptoybox.com and www.putertutor.net.

Sally
    IP

Well my dad agreed to help me out a little since im saving him a couple 1000 dollars because im designing his resturants website. So hell help me and my mom owes me like 170 because she bought my sister this stupid high heel chair(shes 12 enough said) and I have money so soon enough Ill get my beloved Photoshop.

http://www.fusionwi.com/ad.gif
    IP

Jon, the investment in Photoshop will be worth your while, it is an amazing program! I'd recommend getting a Book on it though, it's huge!
    But it sounds to me that another VERY good investment would be in XaraX. With what your wanting to do (Web design and all that really fun stuff) nothing can be easier or better quality. It is the best $150 dollars I've ever spent, garunteed. Download the trial at http://www.xara.com and browse the gallery there too, you will be impressed! Good luck with with site, I'd like to see it when you're throug

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-
    IP

Paintshop Pro 6 was no match for Photoshop. But with the release of PSP7 I can say with confidence that it can do anything and everything Photoshop 6 can dish out for $500 bucks less the price.

Save your money.

Rik
    Blue Wolf Digital Designs
    http://www.bluewolfdesigns.com

Rik
    Blue Wolf Digital Designs
    IP